Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: How many take DS Bactrim daily?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't know Jack, it seems to be a mystery? That is what many of us here wonder...whats going on? Too many people against the reform? Too many fears? Well as the economy is not getting better...if things get worse those people who were against the reform lose their jobs ....they will be the one's screaming to have it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Bactrim 3 times a week

I take bactrim DS three times a week. I've been on that for 2 1/2 years now. I seem to tolerate it well which surprises me. Carol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HI i am taking a Prophylaxis medication called trimethoprim to stop any infections which seems to be working.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trimethoprim is used in the make up of Bactrim (Co-Trimoxazole) which is a combination antibiotic.
    Jack

Doug Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I always hesitate to contribute to insurance related posts because I am so lucky to be living in the UK and not having to worry about it. I'm very aware of the strain some members are under with their insurance problems and finance in general.

Health care reform in the USA seems to have fallen out of the news over here. What is the current situation? Does it look like things will be improving for those without insurance?
    In a few words, a watered-down version made it through a Congress that itself has the best healthcare plan in America (for life, paid for by taxpayers, once you join the "club"!)! Lesson here? Run for Congress!

It was massaged so much that I can't tell you what actually made it through and if I am mad or happy with my Congressman and two Senators. I think "mad", yet...? Anyway, I found this website that may answer specifically those questions we have that affect us directly in the USA.

Jack, you may look in it, too, because we like you over here! Ha!

http://www.healthreform.gov/ This website (US Government-sponsored one) gets into the detail of the reform law.
    Last edited by Doug; 08-02-2010 at 12:45 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, like Doug said, it was totally watered down. The best chance a Weggie has of getting affordable private insurance is to run for Congress.

One of the big problems: If you have a pre-existing condition, even though you can now get insurance (before they could deny you), the rates are exorbitant. The system that is supposed to help contain the cost doesn't go into effect until 2014. The only people who qualify for a temporary high-risk pool are those who have been uninsured for 6 months.

Someone like me who has had continual coverage--and who cannot go 6 months without it-- has no way to afford insurance for the next 4 years. I'm on Medicare and could not transition to an affordable private policy. I don't see the logic of the 6-month rule at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Been Taking Bactrim DS daily since i was diagnosed in '02. Bad thing is that i drink alcohol so I think it may not be working at full strength.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad it is working for you. How long will you stay on it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

another note from the conference: bactrim is not indicated in patients in remission from WG. It is particularly indicated in every patient taking ctx. On other immunos, it seems to be something docs decide case by case.

High dose bactrim is not proven to prevent recurrance of vasculitis. It may be studied again, but studies don't prove that it has bearing on this disease.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JanW I was wondering if I need to be on it daily. My sinuses like it. Thanks again and again.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast