Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Excercise Question

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad to hear you are doing great Tim! Hammy proud you are going to try the 5K, and this will boost your spirit just to be there. Also so glad your taking it slow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hammy8241 View Post
    Good news Tim and well done (20 mile a week – I’m on 8!). A half seems a long way away for me but small steps and periods of reflection before moving on again is necessary with WG.

Yes, muscle loss is terrific and I am no where near ability wise as I was a year ago. I also need a sports Bra! I do however, monitor closely how I feel after the exercise and the days after. The first sign of tiredness I will back off.
    Tim, I love it! Thanks for the inspiration.

Hammy, the bra... you slay me.
    I, on the other hand, have ALWAYS worn a sports bra, mine however seems to be mysteriously shrinking (I'm pretty sure it's not my laundering technique either,) as are my eyes and my mouth. I use to have a big toothy smile which now gets lost in a sea of face. Oh well, better 'puffy' and above ground than 'just right' and below.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are hillarious Marta!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL-- "a sea of face."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those stories are pretty inspirational. Honestly, I'm not diagnosed officially yet, but I'd be utterly shocked if this isn't it...too many symptoms finally match when nothing did before. I'm still probably at least partially in denial about the whole thing, but I'm trying to stay realistic yet optimistic. But not sure I'll be able to really keep things straight until I'm 100% sure of the situation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hammy, you're doing great at adapting to Wegs. Though it's a huge step down for you, I'm totally amazed by how much you're able to do.

A few weeks ago I complained about still not being able to walk a grocery store (after 4 years). Now with the vertigo thing, I'd be happy to walk across the room without struggling. But at least it's much better than being completely pinned in one position for days like when it began. Wegs can always take more from us and is not always so generous when giving back.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Sangye. But it has only been possible thanks to you and the other contributors to this forum. Without you guys sharing your experiences and knowledge I would still be wondering around in the dark.

As it happens, I having a bit of an off day but not because of the running but a touch of gardening overdose, so on the sofa today getting ready for work tomorrow. I’m sure it’s going to be a roller coaster!

I wish I had answers for you and the others but so long as we have each other then there has to be hope.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hammy, just being here on the forum gives us support. Someone's question may be just answered just by one of your post.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Elephant, I think you once told me you were a track & field star when younger. What events and distances did you like best. ( sorry, should have followed this up weeks ago but wrapped up in my own problems...selfish git!!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was so long ago, I did the 400 relay races and ran the 100 yard dash. I did cross country also to keep my endurance. That all fell apart when my kidneys were failing and the coaches thought I had back pain from pulling a muscle, so they worked on me to get stronger, but that did not happen.
    Thanks for asking, I sure miss though.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast