Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cramps in hands and legs?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Cramps in hands and legs?

Sometimes I get cramps in my hands and legs, usually calf muscles, that are rather painful and may last for several minutes. No doctor seems to have a clue what causes them.

I wonder if they are related to meds i take, the WG disease, my diabetes or neuropathy, or something else?

Anyone else have trouble with cramps?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have posted in the past that I went through a time when I had cramps that turned out to be due to a lack of salt. Just a tiny bit added to my food stopped them. However, that may have been a one off because I used no salt in cooking and did not use processed food.
    Jack

Doug Guest

Some drugs deplete potassium, among other things, from your body, and the result is these awful cramps you describe. I bet most of us have had them various times since becoming weggies. I had some just this weeks in my feet and legs, but a few bananas later, I was back on track. Take an internet "stroll" through the drugs you are prescribed. I believe you will find some answers there. You can try an Advanced Search in this site, too, for information that most likely will answer the same question. I know it's come up several times in past. There are more things on vitamins, electrolytes lost through drugs, with cramps resulting. Yeah, try the Advanced Search first, drz. If you haven't used it before, go up to the upper right hand corner of this page. It is almost directly below the Log Out, right below the box where you type in a search word or phrase. FRor that matter, just a simple search should bringt up something. I'll check and repost.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get some cramps in my back now and then - maybe every few months. But I think it is more due to not exercising or stretching or due to the deconditioning of Wegs. Or maybe all 3.

Doug Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    Some drugs deplete potassium, among other things, from your body, and the result is these awful cramps you describe. I bet most of us have had them various times since becoming weggies. I had some just this weeks in my feet and legs, but a few bananas later, I was back on track. Take an internet "stroll" through the drugs you are prescribed. I believe you will find some answers there. You can try an Advanced Search in this site, too, for information that most likely will answer the same question. I know it's come up several times in past. There are more things on vitamins, electrolytes lost through drugs, with cramps resulting. Yeah, try the Advanced Search first, drz. If you haven't used it before, go up to the upper right hand corner of this page. It is almost directly below the Log Out, right below the box where you type in a search word or phrase. FRor that matter, just a simple search should bringt up something. I'll check and repost.
    http://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.c...ghlight=cramps

These are the cramps threads on this forum. Hope they are informative to you!
    Last edited by Doug; 07-26-2010 at 07:57 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Boy, you sure know how to put a cramp in things Doug! Ha Ha!

Doug Guest

It's a talent!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You sure do have a good sense of humour Doug.

Doug Guest

I can be very stuffy, too, as you recently saw...I have my moments!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, we all do Doug!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast