Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey all, new member here

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Psyborg, I felt like that when I went to see Dr Langford at the Cleveland Clinic, they are very nice there. You will get good care, and like Sangye stated just write a list of your symptoms and how you have been feeling. They figure it out. Wish you a safe trip and you are pretty close to Cleveland. Keep us updated.
    Last edited by elephant; 07-30-2010 at 05:38 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psyborg View Post
    exercise...though I've backed off the exercise until I can talk to the Doctors first.
    Looks like we'll make a wegi out of you yet and if you ain't got it we can always make you an associate member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Psyborg,
    You are very lucky, aside from being sick. Your situation is about to change for the better. You will be recieving the best possible care and will be able to move forward no matter what the diagnosis. I went to a conference where Dr Villa-Forte was one of the experts. Later I ran into her at the airport and I was very hesitant about approaching her in her 'off' time but I had this one thing I wanted to talk to her about.
    It wouldn't take long. I'm basically a shy person, so I worked up my courage and was deeply impressed when she very generously talked to me very openly for quite some time. She is not only competent but very kind and genuine. I think you will find yourself at ease in short time. Very best of luck to you Psy and I know many of us here are looking forward to seeing how you do after your appointment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow...thanks for that information. That makes me feel a lot better. I'm always worried with new doctors and not knowing what they are going to be like.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hello and welcome Pysborg ,., this forum is very helpfull best of luck in the comming months hope all gos well / Nat

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Psyborg, it is totally natural to be nervous. But I think that the other responses you have got on this thread will help you get over it a bit. I would just try and gather your thoughts and write them down so you don't forget anything at the appointment.

God Bless,
    Phil

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Appointment went well. Dr Villa-Forte seemed nice. She is pretty sure I have Wegeners, but they want me to get a scope of the trachea to see how the stenosis looks. It sounds like my case may be relatively mild and I don't appear to have organ involvement. So I'll be heading back up next week or the following for a followup with an ENT up there. She said I'll probably getting Imuran since the other options are more toxic to the liver, but it depends on how bad the stenosis looks when they do the scope. She is going to start treatment next week but wanted to start on the right drug and that required the scope.

Still have part of me that feels paranoid they are going to decide this isn't the diagnosis in the end, but I think I'm just being a bit neurotic

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you close to Cleveland Psyborg?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm about 2-2.5 hours away depending on traffic. So not too bad there at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is good that they are not going to start you on cytoxan. It's great that you are only 2 hours away! You are in good hands. She will take good care of you no matter what the diagnosis is. Don't hesitate to call her if things get worse. Glad you went.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast