Likes Likes:  0
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Hey all, new member here

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bone scans look for abnormal bone metabolism. Jolanta, please make sure they find an explanation for this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by marta View Post
    Since I got on the WG boat, I've been totally paranoid - what's this, what's that, why am I feeling this way, is it the drugs, am I flaring, do I have a cold?.
    It's been all you wonderful people talking me off the ledge of paranoia and into reality and I'm ever so grateful.

true Reality

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a little update. Down to 27.5 of pred a day now. Had to slow the taper though as the pain is pretty bad for a bout 5 days before I feel back to "normal" again. So 2.5 every two weeks until 20 mg. Supposed to be done with CTX on November 4th.

Have had some insurance stupidity now. My drug coverage requires 90 day refills apparently after the first two refills. So even though it tripled the cost I had to fill 90 days even though I needed only 30 days. They did say the could do it mail order for 30 days, I had to point out I didn't have the supply to wait that long and not being on chemo drugs a few days really isn't an option. They tried to tell me to ask for a sample from the doctor office. In the end the doctor just wrote a 90 day refill for me, easier than fighting the system.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad you can keep tapering the pred! While I'm sure you'd like to go faster, what matters most is that you continue making progress without waking up the Wegs dog.

Sorry for the insurance fools.

Doug Guest

Too hell with the system, Psyborg! That's the sort of idiocy that increases costs and makes sure the insurance executives get their big bonuses each year. To hell with they, too. I'm glad you doctor saw your need was greater than the effort it takes to fight insurance company plans that are broke.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well just got off the phone with my Doctor. I'm going down from Cytoxan to Methotrexate. We were originally going to skip that due to past liver issue, but my liver numbers have been perfect through my entire treatment, so we are going to give it a try. A bit nervous on that, but I'm also happy that she feels like I'm doing so well we should stick to mostly standard treatment progression. Other than the obvious of no drinking with Methotrexate is there anything else I should be considering going forward?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like great news. Hope you do great on methotrexate Psyborg!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was on mtx a couple of times and if I remember correctly my docs put me on Folic Acid.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I have to take Folic Acid as well. At least the MTX is only once a week, less having to remember to take pills

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's great news, Psyborg!

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast