Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: blurry vision

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    Got back from the eye doctors....yes my cataracts are much worse and need cataract surgery in both eyes in the fall. The only do one eye at a time. Oh well, least it's not my glaucoma acting up!.
    Glad to hear. I have also noticed a change in my vision recently. I have an appt with the eye Dr. in Aug. soonest they can get me in. At least its before our travels in Sept.
    I am far sighted and noticed on my way down to visit family that the road signs that I could normally see from a far were blurry. It's mostly at dusk but I should get myself checked since all the meds and my condition.
    Weggies UNITE!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    I have noticed that my vision has gotten worse in the last 6 weeks. More blurry when I look far. I can see up close, I do wear glasses in my vision is pretty bad. I was told I have cataracts in the left eye, I am wondering if the cataracts got worse. I will call my eye doctor tomorrow.
    try not to worry too much if your on preds thats the answer i could see england from my highland home now i need telescope to read newspaperall down to those wonderful steroids take care Ian

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am having surgery in the fall, but not to worried the eye doctor said he did over 10,000 cataract surgeries.
    Carly, sounds like it could be cataracts, that is exactly what I noticed too and got me to the doctor quickly.
    Ian, the doctor said it was from the prednisone, it just happened so fast....but I have been on prednisone on/off for 30 years.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For new members: High dose pred causes blurry vision that gradually resolves as the pred is lowered. However, if you have to stay on pred for years or often repeat high doses, you can develop the common side effect of cataracts.

Since Wegs can affect the eyes and surrounding tissues, it's a good idea for every newly dx'ed Weggie to get a baseline eye exam by an opthalmologist (ie, not an optometrist, who just works with vision testing for glasses).

Doug Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    The hospitals I have been in have not had any problem with me keeping and dispensing my own medication. The last one just stipulated that I sign a waiver and they provided a locking cabinet to keep them in. At drug round time, they just run through the meds and get me to confirm that I have taken them. I must say that I've never seen anyone else doing this, but there does seem to be provision for it.
    This must be a UK thing. If you bring your own medications into the hospital, they confiscate them (if they know about it, by hook or by crook), discard them, and (in one instance of my own experience) even toss the seven-day pill organizer you brought them in away. Ha! The bastards.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    This must be a UK thing. If you bring your own medications into the hospital, they confiscate them (if they know about it, by hook or by crook), discard them, and (in one instance of my own experience) even toss the seven-day pill organizer you brought them in away. Ha! The bastards.
    They shouldn't consficate them, but you have to have your doctor write an order, "may take home meds"

Doug Guest

That's helpful top know. Thanks, Lightwarrior. I was very miffed when that happened!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doug, that is aweful they took your own meds away from you.

Whenever I have been in the hospital I just keep my meds in my bedside table and they supply all meds while I am there.

Doug Guest

That's what I did up till this last time (well, they were in my suitcase in a closet....technicality!), and the medications were from the hospital pharmacy. I guess I have no issue with the hospital supplying the medications (for liability, safety, and quality control reasons), but I was really ticked they threw out the pill organizer. How retarded!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwarrior View Post
    They shouldn't consficate them, but you have to have your doctor write an order, "may take home meds"
    I have been told they can't or won't accept meds from home or even another facility because they can't vouch for their integrity and there is a liability issue if they give them to you. Even when another facility discharged me to their facility with several thousand dollars of expensive meds, they refused to use them, and insisted on re-ordering their own which I had to pay for again. I think part of it is a profit thing too since they make a lot on selling their own meds to you with the amazing markup included. Then some people wonder why our health care is so expensive with that kind of waste?

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast