Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alochol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Alochol

Ok so tommorow is my best friends birthday. We are suppose to go see our favorite band play. I am aloud to have a few drinks? I felt stupid asking the doctor-like I felt bad that I would want to let a little lose and have some fun-ha ha ha. I take Cytoxin/and pred./and Bactrum.
    I'm excited to go and think/talk about something other then Wegener's. Feel a little normal. I love love to dance also, so I figure that will be some good exercise.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always had the odd drink or two and never noticed any undue effects. My Wegs docs all knew I liked the odd single malt and seemed to think it was good for me. As far as I'm aware, most of the concerns about drinking while taking Cytoxin are due to its affect on the liver.

I don't think that getting out of your head would be a very good idea! Or drinking on a regular basis.
    Last edited by Jack; 07-16-2010 at 06:15 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know that some docs advise absolutely no alcohol with mtx, but mine does not. I only have a couple of drinks per month though, because when I was first on my 'test' dosages my liver enzymes really spiked to the point that they thought I couldn't take it at all (the reality is that I don't think that my idea of moderate drinking and my rheumy's idea of moderate drinking is the same -- before WG I drank wine daily), and I had to go off of it for several weeks. Now, I try to play it super safe because this drug has worked well for me so far and I don't want to jeopardize that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok thanks for the info. I am not a big drinker in general. Usually about once a month I go out with my girlfriends and have a few drinks, and thats it. So I think it should be fine, just wouldn't want to make anything worse. I'll let you guys know how it goes LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Rheuma when I was on the that mix told me no alcohol but I also have liver issues. She has allowed me 1 and ONLY 1 glass of wine or beer OCCASIONALLY.. NO hard stuff!! It's sux cause I am a Rum Baby!
    Weggies UNITE!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Happy Camper
    its funny that you should of added this thread as it was a question i forgot to as wg consult wed am
    its my birthday soon and we are having a bq for friends and family and for the last two birthdays ive been to ill to drink ,so my friend said to ask as im still on cxt and preda
    thinking may just have the one depending on how i feel on the day DEE x

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This may sound funny but today I was pretty stuffy and my left ear felt full and like I was talking inside my head....I had a half a glass of wine and it was gone....so I had another...still gone..weird that wine took care of my ears/stuffiness???

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi elephant
    maybe thats where we are going wrong , maybe wine and triple choc muffins can be our new treatment although taking a liking to bantoffee muffins !!
    i was only asking because last time i had half glass of wine i slept for hours DEEx

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds good to me Dee, I might have another glass of wine if I am stuffy/ear fullness and see what happens....then a triple choc muffin!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got home from my night. Best night I've had in a month. Had a few beers and danced for 3 hours straight. First time I felt normal in a month. Alright off to bed my kiddies will be up in about 3-4 hours and now that is going to be the hard part LOL!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast