User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arguments for or against a Religeous Faith Section?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree I dont want this forum split, everyone is individual in their beliefs and I respect that but my thoughts are that this forum was
    aimed at support and info for Weggies and its been operating well. Although we all have different opinions we dont have to agree or even disagree but celebrate our differences. I love you all and dont want to see any division.
    Col 23

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im 2 party preferred Saturday and Sunday.
    Cheers col 23

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Okay I'll add my bit. For those of you that want a religious section in this forum I'm afraid you're going to be disappointed Sorry, but open religious discussion has been divisive in the past and I have no intention of letting that happen again, hence the rules section I added a while ago. The way we have it at the moment seems to be working. I think all of us respect each other's beliefs and that's awesome for such a diverse group of people. There is no issue with offering each other support by saing you're praying for them etc, just like it is now however any discussion about the why's and wherefores of each other's personal beliefs needs to be kept out of public discussion. If you want to, feel free to use the private messaging system. Sorry guys and gals, it's the only way to keep this place the way it is. We have a hard enough time day to day without getting upset over religous arguments (as has heppened before). I hope that's clear. I'm happy to answer any questions or clear up any points that I may have left a tad fuzzy
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.
    Currently but not permanetly residing in Canberra, Australia.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whooya-- thanks Andrew. Every day I'm grateful for you creating and maintaining this place of comfort for us all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the official input Andrew. I think it reflects the consensus of opinion if the posts made to date are anything to go by and the Forum seems to work well as it stands. I started the thread in order to allow the airing of some feelings of frustration that were being voiced at the time, but they don't seem to have been pushed forward.

Keep up the good work. I'm sure you know how much we all appreciate the Forum just as it is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks Andrew DEEx

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

God Bless Andrew

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you Andrew for starting this forum and for all of the work you do here!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Amen!!
    Ooopps, I needed at least 10 characters to post. Didn't know that was a rule. Now I do. LOL

Doug Guest

Be forewarned, agnostic, wiccan, Muslim, Buddhist, Christian, atheist, etc., etc., alike: I will never let any of you, including the person for whom I pray, know it, but, as the need arises, in future, I will pray for you, a Christian prayer because that's my belief, but a prayer just the same. I've had my moment. Apologies to all. Those who have upset me, no apologies necessary: this is behind me. Thank you for your comments. The status quo works for most. In future, I won't warn anyone who steps outside the rules because the rules are not as all-inclusive as they seem to me and I am too much the old quality assurance guy to see the subtleties of "no politics/ no religion". [That reads: "at all", including references to prayer, mention of which surely upsets people who don't believe in a god or the practice, and similarly with politics, though the thread of politics that runs through the issues we face as weggies is real.] The prodigal son has returned. Slaughter the fatted calf! Ha!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12