Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Two days and counting

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Two days and counting

My long-awaited appointment with the Rheumy is two days away. I've gotten copies of all my relevant medical records and have written down my list of symptoms.

After having lesions on my nose all year (I call it my Dalmatian nose because it's spotted ), I was afraid I'd be going to the Rheumy with picture-perfect skin. But, a couple of new lesions are popping up today, so it looks as if I'll have something to show him after all.

So do any of you have any suggestions you can give me for my first appointment, other than to put my foot down and demand a biopsy?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Demand a diagnosis!

I think you're on the right track with the biopsy. I hope that provides a diagnosis! As regards the lesions, perhaps you might want to take some quick pictures to show the extent of them in case they do disappear. Sounds like you'll have something to show the doc as you said but it never hurts to have evidence anyway

I hope you get a result with this appointment, it has been a long time coming!
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.
    Currently but not permanetly residing in Canberra, Australia.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Andrew, you're quite right. Those lesions do have a way of going away rather quickly. One day it's a dark red blister, and the next day, it's gone! They do seem to come in waves, so I'm hoping that the two I have today are just the beginning of an outbreak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today I got to thinking and decided to call the Rheumy's office to make sure he treats W.G. What a shock it would have been to wait all this time and find out that he doesn't treat it. Whew! He does! I've got all my paperwork ready to go, all my notes, and I just hope and pray this guy likes to work with patients who are well informed. I just can't play dumb and treat doctors like gods.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not much time to post, as I was late to work due to doctor's appointment. Rheumy put me on Prednisone, 40 mg. per day, biopsy is one week from today, and I see him again (the Rheumy) in two weeks. So we are progressing as I expected us to.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got in such a rush, I forgot to post that he's also re-running the blood tests and ordered a urine test (which the other doctor didn't do). So I'll get that done after I get off work today, and get my Prednisone filled. Can't wait to breathe again!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Excellent news, Terry!! Happy to see that the Rheumy seems to be doing the right thing.
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.
    Currently but not permanetly residing in Canberra, Australia.