Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How many of you??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok guys, well this is the site that my hub and I are going to use when we go forth with mine and I thought I would share if you guys wanted to get one for the future.

Medical ID Jewelry and Services by MedicAlert Foundation

That way the emergency personnel has someone to contact other then just digging around for a card and such. Hope this helps.
    Weggies UNITE!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We got one for my Dad, I think it's a good idea if you're taking a blood thinner like coumadin. My Dad has to be on that for DVT blood clots. I have read on here that others are taking that or similar as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have one for coumadin. I have a detailed wallet card that I've posted about on here before. It's handy to give to EMTs, who can hand it to the ER folks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm on my second bracelet (stupidly got one made with my maiden name on, only 6 months or so before getting married) which I wear pretty much every day - except yesterday and today! If I take it off for some reason I tend to forget to put it back on for a couple of days.

I originally thought I should get one last Summer when I started taking long walks on my own to try and get on top of the weight. I wasn't taking my purse with my steroid card in with me and thought that should I get into trouble I needed to let people know about the wegs.

I have a laser etched stainless steel bracelet with my name and condition on the front, and on the back it just reads "Meds: Prednisolone, Immunosuppressants" and my husband's mobile phone number. I didn't want to be anymore specific with than immunosuppressants because they frequently change, but I know I'll always be on one of them.
    When they ring my husband he can tell them some of my history and doctor's names etc so I think I'm covered.

PS: Love your avatar Carly!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Luce.
    Thanks for the avatar love! Understandable about the whole name change-probably didn't think about but you probably had ALOT on your plate when you purchased it. I talked to my Rheuma on what should be on it and since we pretty much know which drugs are going to be more constant then the others which why I haven't gotten one sooner. Us-Weggies just have to find the right drug cocktail that works best for us and that does not kill our livers but also manages our condition safely. Because right out of the hospital, I was taking about 23 pills a day! Then I dropped down to about/around 13 pills a day. Now I am at 6 pills a days for the moment. Also Congrats on the nuptials.
    Weggies UNITE!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Luce - I love the way that you have it. As a medical provider - it alerts me to the big things to watch out for. Recently in the ER for Wegs symptoms...the ER physician, although pleasant - stated she had no idea what Wegener's Granulomatosis was, then tried the vascultitis approach - again, I recieved a VERY blank stare....with excessive pause of silence. The important things are the potential immunosuppressed status and prednisone. That will change some of the actions that people may take until they run some labs to check your status... I have thought about getting a bracelet - but always felt "where do I start"... My only saving grace during the ER visit - I had called my Weg doc's office and left a message re: issues. Within about 2 minutes of her coming into the exam room in the ER - he called. I gave a 1.5 min update on status and ER doc in room - not aware of disease much less treatment path. He requested phone to be handed to her - talked with her about 2-3 minutes. He told me plan after he was done with her - treated appropriately with no further questions... Tell you what - talk about feeling that all the planets were aligned at that moment!!!
    I will probably have to get one done now that you have shared your wisdom in detailing the information.... Thanks!!
    Last edited by Nancy; 07-19-2010 at 05:18 PM. Reason: probably attacked by Nargles...Where is Harry Potter when you need him....?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i am suppose to get one that states WG tracheal stenosis and mess and etc..have not found one big enough..plus my crazy allergies...thought maybe a tattoo across my neckline would work..but i hate needles....plan to look here in florida today....i know some unique jewlry artist ....have a great day

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carly Hedge View Post
    Ok guys, well this is the site that my hub and I are going to use when we go forth with mine and I thought I would share if you guys wanted to get one for the future.
    Medical ID Jewelry and Services by MedicAlert Foundation

That way the emergency personnel has someone to contact other then just digging around for a card and such. Hopeo this helps.
    Thanks for the web link will check it out

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a thumb drive on my key chain marked "medical info" It is easy for me to update it as meds change, etc. I have decreased renal function and want anyone treating me to be aware of it. If I am unable to communicate they can get all my info.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stikker View Post
    I have a thumb drive on my key chain marked "medical info" It is easy for me to update it as meds change, etc. I have decreased renal function and want anyone treating me to be aware of it. If I am unable to communicate they can get all my info.
    In what format? Is it a special program? i have a program called Health File where I keep all my medical info and lab results on a PDA but itonly worksif I am conscious to access the info for them and have my PDA along.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast