Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Incidental Exposure to Chemo

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Incidental Exposure to Chemo

A great article that reminds us to be careful when handling the chemo drugs we take (ctx, mtx, imuran). Family members and caregivers should use precautions when dispensing pills. Pill containers, etc... should be washed very thoroughly after being used to store chemo pills.

Lifesaving chemo may put workers' lives at risk - Health - Cancer - msnbc.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With so many kids in the house, I try to keep my toliet off limits and clean it frequently (what goes in must come out)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Sangye for the information!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting article. When my husband was having chemo he wore a pump for 2 weeks at a time. He was also having radiation. I always wondered if I was being exposed to anything.

Our dog used to always sleep in our bed. (Not my choice my husbands) (choose your battles). anyway about a month before my husband was diagnosed he would not sleep in our bed, but as soon as my husband left for work he would jump in our bed. I think he sensed something.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dogs can certainly detect cancer in humans and perhaps other illness too. There has been work done to see if this can be used as some sort of diagnosis method. I've seen it in news articles on TV and I'm sure a Google search would throw up some information.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Parents of children receiving certain types of radiation treatment are not allowed to be within 3 feet of the child for a day or so. It's heartbreaking for them. I wonder how the health care workers take precautions when caring for them.

I love the stories about dogs sniffing out cancer and warning of upcoming seizures, etc....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I too saw a video on tv a golden retriever sniffing around and found cancer( patient lying flat).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I keep my bathroom door shut so that my boxer won't drink out of the toilet. She knows before I do when I'm going to feel bad, she becomes very protective and fusses when my grandkids climb on me. Normally she plays with them and follows them around. My 6 year old grand daughter Alexis noticed first, she told her Mom that I was going to be sick the next day because Ciara (the boxer) wouldn't let her play with me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My dog Lotus and I have this funny behavior when barfing is involved. (Good opening line, huh?) She barfs once every few months--just bile-- and looks a little insecure when she's going to do it. She actually comes to find me and trots over to the tile where she's going to do it. I always stand next to her and put my hand on her belly until she's through and it seems to relax her.

At various times since dx I've had some bouts of barfing. Every time, Lotus comes in the bathroom and sticks her head under my armpit while I'm "engaged." She stays there until I'm finished. I've never seen a dog do that. Usually they avoid the smell, and are disturbed by the fear in a person. My boy Patch sure steers clear!

I call her my little Nursling. We're Barf Buddies.
    Last edited by Sangye; 07-16-2010 at 12:02 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is so sweet. Dogs are amazing and glad you have a barf buddy!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast