Likes Likes:  0
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Mom recently diagnosed with Wegener's

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear Cindy, my heart and thoughts are with you and your family. Thank you for sharing your Mom with us. We will all fight this dreaded disease.
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm very, very sorry to hear this. Also my thoughts are with you and your family.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My prayers are with and your family, Cindy. So sorry for your loss.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cindy - So sorry about your loss, you are in my thought and prayers. Hugs to you and your family.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh Cindy
    I am so sorry for your loss...please let us know if there is anything we can do....I was lucky with my last hospitalization...God kept me here for some reason...so I plan on fighting this horrid disease and doing everything i can to ppush for research to find a cure...Please know you and your father will be in our prayers...and please don't hesitate to ask foe anything you may need.....We are all family in one way or another.
    Want to see a miracle? Plant a word of love heartdeep in a person's life. Nuture it with a smile and a prayer and watch what happens...Never underestimate the power of the seed!

My mojo for today.....gonna be johnny apple seed and just keep planting
    Lisa Marie
    The happiness of people is not necessarily to have the best of everything...but make the most of what you have!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear Cindy, So sorry for you loss, you fought so hard for your dear mum, you and your family are in my prayers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cindy - so sorry to hear of your loss, my thoughts are with you.

My campaign here is to get the medical profession to stop and think much sooner than they do when they find a particular course of treatment is not working. Many do not think of WG, or other vasculitis, as they rarely see it. My doctor had only seen one other case in 30 years but I was lucky and, although he did not know what it was, he ordered a blood test and referal on the results which then stopped my decline!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cindy - I am so sorry for your loss and the couragous battle that you and your family fought.... I agree, it is a disease that can twist and turn and you never know what will happen the next day... I agree with everyone else here, you are definitely in our thoughts and prayers. Your mother at least served a very good, generous purpose... The doctors that interacted with her providing care, NOW know what Wegener's is and how it is worked up and diagnosed... Her experiences and yours may help someone in the future...for a faster and more accurate diagnosis and following treatment... I am sorry for any pain/discomfort that she experienced...
    Nancy

Doug Guest

Cindy ~ As Jan mentioned elsewhere, this is the second loss in our family since January. It seems we nag each other to see the doctor, see the doctor, yet, sometimes even that isn't enough.

I'm sorry for the death of your mother. I pray you, you family, take this time to celebrate her life, to celebrate your family and your Mom's part in it, to gain strength from her struggles. May your family have the peace of God, if you are Christian. If not, may you find peace in your own way.

What you posted here, in the short time of your Mom's last fight, will be helpful to others I think, especially in the matter of fighting your doctor to consult with another doctor with more knowledge and experience in matters of your care. I know you tried and tried (God bless you!) to get your Mom the care she needed. Your struggle was noticed, and it reminds us, too, that time is of the essence. We can't take anything for granted when it comes to our care.

As far as you and your future on this site, please stay. I think you can sereve your Mom's memory well by encouraging other weggies and weggie family members not to give up the fight for patient rights and the right to the care they need. Your voice will be powerful!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh my gosh...thank you all so much for your kind words, prayers, and advise. We laid her to rest today....probably the worst day of my life. If anyone would like to read the obit, please do so at Friemonth-Freese
    We had suggested that memorials be made to either their church or the Vasculitis Foundation. Hopefully we will be able to make a sizeable donation for further research and toward finding the cause and a cure.
    Love you guys,
    Cindy R

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast