Likes Likes:  0
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: About empathy..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

unfornately my loss is quite noiticeable and does effect my life.....but i am gonna wait 3 months to have it rechecked then decide on the hearing aide....i only have hearing loss and at times pain but no ringing .....i hear partial words at times and some times nothing at all........this is one side of WG i do not like ..it makes work difficult....well off to have my jaw xrayed by the denist wish me luck
    Want to see a miracle? Plant a word of love heartdeep in a person's life. Nuture it with a smile and a prayer and watch what happens...Never underestimate the power of the seed!

My mojo for today.....gonna be johnny apple seed and just keep planting
    Lisa Marie
    The happiness of people is not necessarily to have the best of everything...but make the most of what you have!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I've just recently had a hearing test, and it was better than just before I got diagnosed, but it also took place on a better hearing day. It can't be fluid in my middle ear because I'm still sporting the ear drains living in my ear drums that I had put in three weeks prior to diagnosis. I can still plug my nose and make my ears whistle - it's a cool party trick, too bad I don't go to those kinds of parties anymore.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marta, it's best to get your hearing checked on a better hearing day-- that shows what your ears are actually capable of hearing. If you got them checked on a bad day, you wouldn't know how much was damage and how much was just an off day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jola57 View Post
    LisaMarie, I too am one of the unlucky ones and my hearing does not improve with my overall getting better. I still have as much tinitus and alwasy and hearing loss in both although slightly better than at the beginning.
    Is a cochlear implant an option for your? They said I could get one for left ear once I get off cytoxan?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drz View Post
    Is a cochlear implant an option for your? They said I could get one for left ear once I get off cytoxan?
    i have an hearing aid which was fitted whilst on cyotaxan and has improved things gratly even helped reduce the tinitus the consultant said it was better done now to proyect what hear i still had

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drz View Post
    It was mentioned but i was too over whelmed to discuss it.....so opted for the retest in 3 months and discuss it then.....chicken I know but just too much to handle on that day....I am lucky i have no ringing in my ears
    Want to see a miracle? Plant a word of love heartdeep in a person's life. Nuture it with a smile and a prayer and watch what happens...Never underestimate the power of the seed!

My mojo for today.....gonna be johnny apple seed and just keep planting
    Lisa Marie
    The happiness of people is not necessarily to have the best of everything...but make the most of what you have!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lisa Marie, you've got a lot on your plate right now. You're no chicken...

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415