Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: About empathy..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh Kat, I can feel the pain youve been through, whats that saying what doesnt kill you makes you stronger. I went through alot of the above that you went through and became very depressed. I too had a hard time with relatives and siblings and my kids to start off with. I learnt to narrow my circle and anyone that what stressing me out I lessened the contact. My self esteem has taken a battering and Im only now starting to deal with things a bit better and be a bit more postive but some days its not good.
    I think the Pred does cause weight gain but depression can also make us overeat. The soap suds taste in my mouth makes me want something sweet so I can taste it. I think I could have watered the garden for a year with the tears I shed initially.
    Thinking of you
    Col 23

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you all for your support and kind words.
    We really are all in this together, somehow, no matter how many continents and seas are between us.
    I hope that all of us will soon get out of this nightmare, one by one.
    Cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default That's it!!

[QUOTE=jola57;18851] we feel like chewed up slippers.

Thanks Jola. Sometimes I'm at a loss for words to describe how I feel today. That is perfect.
    Worn out, little on the rough side but still useable. That will be my favorite quote from now on. Unless of course, some miracle happens and a cure comes around. Luv you all & luv this site

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But I don't want to smell like my old slippers!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aww, Terri.... big hugs from your East Coast neighbor. I hate those chewed up slipper days. It'll turn around, you can count on that with Wegs. Love to you, my friend.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having a rough patch right now....plan on step two of cutting the rest of my hair off before i go home to start ctx....my best friend here understands my need to be able go control some form of this roller coaster ride..see i have always had long curly blonde hair since i was a teenager shortest i ever cut it was sbout 2 inches below my shoulders...i just cut 10 inches off and plan to cut the rest off tomorrow.

..it will be about 1-2 inched long but cute i hope this way if it continues to come out with ctx as it did
    with mxt..it won't be so drastic and if it does not fall out it'll grow back ...problem is n
    no one back home understands and my best friend is here in florida ...i keep hearing think postive ...keep fighting...what they do not understand is that this is one way i fight back....i have been off mtx going on a week now waiting to start ctx while i continue my fight for rtx....my head feels like chewed up leather...i hate this funky chest pain...my jaw hurts and is starting to swell again...and 60 mg of pred sucks...but at this point and time i have no choice but to deal with it....So i m cutting my hair...ughh....sorry so long but i had to vent...and am trying to avoid the milk dud urge ....have found a chip called veggie straws that help with the pred craving...but fotgot to pack some....thanks for listening

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know what you are going through. My heart goes out to you Lisa Marie.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are all in this together, and thank goodness for the lovely people in this group who do not judge
    but have compassion for each other...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lisa Marie, I'm so sorry. I can also empathize with everything you expressed.

Unless someone has been through something similar, they don't understand that Wegs is often like trying to hang on during a hurricane. No one prepares us to do that! If a hurricane hits, you grab onto whatever solid thing you can for as long as you need it. For an outsider to say or imply that you're doing it wrong means they've never been in such a storm. (Or they didn't learn empathy if they had)

Few people in the world know how to be gentle and kind towards themselves. That harshness winds up being projected onto others. It's about them, not you. You're a tough cookie, and you are doing great.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    Lisa Marie, I'm so sorry. I can also empathize with everything you expressed.

Unless someone has been through something similar, they don't understand that Wegs is often like trying to hang on during a hurricane. No one prepares us to do that! If a hurricane hits, you grab onto whatever solid thing you can for as long as you need it. For an outsider to say or imply that you're doing it wrong means they've never been in such a storm. (Or they didn't learn empathy if they had)

Few people in the world know how to be gentle and kind towards themselves. That harshness winds up being projected onto others. It's about them, not you. You're a tough cookie, and you are doing great.
    Thanks for letting me vent love my new hair cut..it is really short ..i have been reflecting on my get a way ....yes i am extremely tired and could not do everything i wanted to do....but opting to use the electric motor chair at disney ..once i figured out how to use it..lol..allowed me to spend the whole day with my friends and we all never had to wait in line for rides...great bonus....got front row for the parades...so this trip was good for me.....head home today...wish me luck getting everything in my bag so i don't have to check anything....the big joke on this trip was when i was in the motorchair i was my old self "speed racer"...i tend to be the energized bunny...not pokey the turtle...but atleast i can still work and walk and breathe so i will choice to rejoice in the positive and deal with the rest....thanks again for being there

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast