Likes Likes:  0
Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1252606162

Thread: Sangye's Status

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL "Many happy returns" is an inside joke among Buddhists. Get it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hysteria.gif

Is there a Buddhist comedy circuit?
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There should be! A couple of our sangha members are the funniest people I've ever met. I'm funny, but not even in the same class as them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I doubt that Sangye. Your the life of the party!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh Sangye, I missed your birthday! Hope you had a great day?

How are you doing now? And everyone else? Sorry I haven't been around x

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Mandy

Update from my appt with Dr Seo yesterday....
    - Some old Wegs symptoms are creeping back. We did labs. If the rtx is starting to wear off, we'll re-treat based on symptoms and inflammatory markers. He wants to use rtx as infrequently as possible, so it's a delicate balance of allowing the Wegs to wake up a bit but not go wild. None of my symptoms are saying "Re-treat right now."

- We'll use the 2-dose protocol next time instead of the 4-dose. They're finding it works just as well. Since the treatments totally flatten me for 6 wks, he hopes I'll tolerate the shorter protocol better.

- Sleep Study-- no sleep apnea, but did show "Restless legs syndrome." (I had to stifle a major laugh about that) I see the sleep doc next week to discuss the results, and he'll decide if we should repeat the study. I'm trying not to get upset about the results until I see the doc. While I don't want sleep apnea, I was really hoping for an answer to the intense fatigue and leg edema.

- Having nosebleeds which are new for me. Not likely Wegs--more likely a leaking blood vessel that needs to be cauterized. Gotta see my Wegs ENT so he can look waaaay up in there. They're intermittent so I'm not sure what he'll find. Not urgent.

- Both Dr Seo and I are very frustrated at my inability to exercise on land. Will see my physiatrist again for her recommendations.

- Will see an endocrinologist since my adrenals don't seem to be functioning well, even with pred. It's been this way since I was first treated with pred in 2006. It's not getting better and is a major obstacle to recovering.

- It's been 4.5 yrs since I was able to work. Between physical and mental (ie foggy thinking, poor memory) limitations, I can't even picture working as a chiropractor again. Dr Seo believes I'll be able to again. He said he looks forward to that day. I thought that was really sweet. Meanwhile, I'm renewing my Arizona license so I don't lose it permanently. He was really happy about that decision.

I think that's about it!
    Last edited by Sangye; 12-17-2010 at 05:05 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad you hear you are renewing your license, you will go back someday.
    Glad you are seeing the ENT about the nose bleeds to rule out WG, Weak blood vessel or just plain dry up north ( nose).
    I was wondering when is the plan to do the RTX? Or are you just going to wait and see if other WG symtoms come up?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't plan to return to Arizona, but it's not good to lose a license-- hard to get it back. If I do practice in Maryland someday, it helps to have an active license from another state. And there is the Hope factor. The thought of losing the license is depressing to me and makes it harder to imagine I'll ever work again. It's a lot of money to maintain the license, but sometimes you just have to invest in keeping hope alive.

If my labs show that the rtx is fading and my inflammatory markers are rising, we'll do rtx sooner. If they only show rtx wearing off, we'll go by my symptoms. When symptoms (eg jt pain and stiffness) become more than I can handle or they start to accelerate, we'll re-treat at that point.
    Last edited by Sangye; 12-17-2010 at 06:21 AM.

Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1252606162