Likes Likes:  0
Page 15 of 62 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Sangye's Status

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jan, I don't think so. Since the Wegs is under control, this is just the level of inflammation that my body is stuck with.

Now at least I understand why using compression stockings has never helped with the swelling, and actually made it worse. It was never a circulation problem in the first place.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not clear. Are you saying that your body has a level of inflammation that cannot be medically controlled? What (if anything) could control it then?

I just can't imagine having swelling that you can't control. Sounds awful.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    I've been referring to it as "smooshiness" since it affects my vision, balance and even my thinking. (You can get an idea of exactly how it feels if you shake your head quickly a few times and notice how your head feels and your vision is after you stop.) My balance is still way off and the vertigo constantly feels like it's going to start again.
    Sangye, please look after yourself. Hope you get thing sorted and settled soon.

Tried your exercise? and I can see a new thread 'WG & head injuries' starting soon as we all get dizzy and fall over

Has phil sent you the flowers yet?

Looking forward to you getting back to your nagging best

x

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so sorry you're having such a hard time right now...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    Jan, I don't think so. Since the Wegs is under control, this is just the level of inflammation that my body is stuck with.

Now at least I understand why using compression stockings has never helped with the swelling, and actually made it worse. It was never a circulation problem in the first place.
    That darned inflammitory response!! I wouldn't be surprised if your doc ups your pred, I wonder if they had you go down too quickly??? Your body seems very sensitive to change, I hope you have a call back by now and things are starting to make sense. I'm sending you light (high anti-inflammatory light and energy).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still waiting to hear back....I took another mg of pred to see if it might ease up the eye and head pain.

I have a feeling that this global fluid retention is due to coming off the high doses so quickly-- like a reactive inflammation. That would cause my sinuses to swell, too. Some drugs are famous for this type of rebound effect. Going off of them gives you the very symptoms they were suppressing. If that's the case it's temporary.

Jan, yes. The swelling returned once I got below 20mg pred, so even staying on 10mg wouldn't be enough to control it. I'll be curious to see what Dr Seo has to say about it.

It'd be nice if the lower extremity swelling disappeared because of the Ayurvedic changes I made, and that it's only reappearing temporarily now because of the pred drop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default awww Sangye

Sorry to hear you are feeling so bad. Hope you get some answers soon.
    The picture is too small in my avatar but if you could read it, it says:
    Nothing is impossible with the power of prayer and the healing hands of God.
    I wish you better days soon my friend.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish I could do something for you Sangye. I will pray for you. If you have any questions at all about ear, nose, throat, or sinuses just let me know. I wish I was right there to comfort you. I want to help any way I can.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks you guys. I really appreciate your kindness!

The headache improved by late last night. It's still there a tiny bit and my sinuses feel sort of sloshy. I'm going to repeat the pred dosing I did yesterday-- 5 mg and an extra 1 mg if I need it later on-- and see how it goes. I never heard from my ENT doc yesterday. He's only in clinic on Fridays and unless there's an outright emergency he's really hard to get hold of.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Call again. Leave another message, I have done that before.

Page 15 of 62 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast