Likes Likes:  0
Page 13 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Sangye's Status

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is aweful to hear about your mother Jack. I hope she was able to cope with the tinnitus.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be honest, she never really got used to it and it made life a bit of a misery. She had it very bad with roaring and howling noises in addition to the usual high pitched whistle. The op she had also made her deaf in one ear, but she had no option because the vertigo she was suffering from was of the sudden onset type that made her fall down.

I just read an extract about the disease on the web and it seems that it can be related to Wegener's, but then I suppose that we are always on the lookout for links.
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yeah well it goes to the genetic predisposition arguement. You, me and others have relatives with related or auto-immune issues. There has to be something in that.
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.
    Currently but not permanetly residing in Canberra, Australia.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My stepdad had Meniere's, too. He suffered horribly from it and was quite disabled from other conditions as well. He never tried a low-salt diet, though. In fact, he and my mom ate out a lot--daily high salt diet.

With Meniere's, bouts of vertigo only lasts 24 hrs or less. It doesn't respond to pred.

With the exception of the left sided numbness, mine looked just like viral labryinthitis-- the vertigo was non-stop for over a week, it responded to pred, it gradually improved over 2-3 wks. And, many people around me had the same thing. Time will tell.

Meniere's does occur more often in people with autoimmune diseases. My stepdad developed it about the time he developed Type 2 diabetes. He could have cured the diabetes easily enough by correcting his diet, but he thought that would cramp his style.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having shared hospital wards with patients suffering from Diabetes and all its complications, I think I would take it very seriously indeed if I ever contracted it. I did not realise how devastating it could be until I witnessed the results.
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Diabetes is horrible...it kinda reminds me of WG- diabetes affects you head to toe..causing nerve damage from the eyes, heart and toes...
    Last edited by elephant; 07-26-2010 at 11:14 AM.

Doug Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwarrior View Post
    I agree..my grandkids do groan however when I tell them that math is the key to unlock all of the secrets in the universe.
    Put me on the math bandwagon! I couldn't have done my job without it, and I came to appreciate it more the longer I worked, for the answers it gave me that resolved problems that came up on the production floor.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jack, your mom's tinnitus sounds exactly like mine.

I have a friend with type 2 diabetes and he could correct it as well but feels he has to have sugars and meats and processed foods and, well you get the picture. His style would obviously be cramped.

I love math as well Doug.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    Diabetes is horrible...it kinda reminds me of WG- diabetes affects your head to toe..causing nerve damage from the eyes, heart and toes...
    I know several people like myself that have both. This also seemed rather common at my in-patient hospital.

I know they exacerbate each other and both are a type of auto immune disorder but wonder if they are related in any other ways.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mum has menieres disease, I have seen it where she has been fine one minute and the next she has collapsed and is being violently sick everywhere. It did it once whilst she was shopping in Asda, I wanted to get her straight to hospital but she refused and just wanted to go home I think she was embarassed. My Mother in law has type 2 diabetes but she has controlled it with her diet, I think she has done brilliantly she just completely changed everything she ate and is doing really well. My Dad has just been diagnosed with it also this last week or so so he his still trying to get his head around it all, he has been given medication though to control it, it will definately change his life because my mum nad dad own a pub and i would imagine he will have to cut down a lot on the beer intake. Going to check out the link for WG and menieres. My boss also had meieres but sadly he passed away on Saturday, Pancreatic cancer, Im gutted he was a very approachable and genuine bloke and very generous my kids loved coming into the office with me he always gave them money for a treat and spent a fortune on them every christmas, birthday and easter they thought he was great to the point they called him Uncle George. He always treated his staff very fairly and in 13 years not one day did I think going to work was a chore it was always a pleasure and I loved it, and that was mainly down to george and the others I worked with.

Page 13 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast