Likes Likes:  0
Page 12 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Sangye's Status

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You got it, we just need a guinness to figure that one out!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    Actually everything in this world is mathematical.
    Except for the very thing that conceived it: thought.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brocky, how bizarre about your daughter's Bell's palsy. I suggest bringing her to a chiropractor as soon as possible. It can't cure it, but it can greatly shorten the duration and diminish the severity. And, it addresses what was probably the underlying cause in the first place-- diminished nerve conduction to an area, which made it susceptible to a viral infection,

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm feeling pretty good today. A friend drove me to JHU yesterday and while it was very difficult to do, I made myself walk a lot. I lost so much muscle in my legs during that hospital stay, and it just makes it harder to balance with the smooshiness residual of the vertigo.

I'm actually having a fair amount of anxiety about the vertigo returning. Thoughts like "What if I'm driving and it hits again like that?" I'm never paralyzed by fear, but I didn't know how I'd find the courage to try driving again. Today my desire for independence was greater than the anxiety and I decided to give it a try. I took myself grocery shopping! Very slowly and carefully. I hadn't driven in 3 weeks. It went well, and I'm taking it easy the rest of the day. The combo of the tinnitus, hearing loss, head numbness and sloshiness has me on neurological overload. From a neuro point of view, my brain is in high-gear trying to adapt.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Sangye,

I'm so glad you were able to drive successfully today. I understand your need for independence. I had planned to drive the 5 1/2 hrs. to my 2nd Rituxan infusion of round 2 tomorrow - BY MYSELF! My plan is to stay with my daughter and play with the grandkids. A real roadtrip! I could visualize myself with the moon roof open, and driving across the mountains with beautiful blue skies.

This morning I turned over in bed and was struck with another bout of vertigo. This time very slow spinning of the room. I am so disappointed, and wonder what might have led up to it - except that I had recently taken in way too much sodium and was dehydrated yesterday.

My husband is happy to drive me, and I'll still get to see the family, but am oh, so disappointed!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sangye, just take things real slow - you'll get there in the end, but you can't risk taking short cuts.

(did that make any sense?)
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sangye good for you glad you got out to the grocery store. Baby steps..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jack and Elephant, no worries. I can't move quickly if I wanted to!

Lola, dang. But I wonder if you have Meniere's disease? My ENT and I discussed that as a possibility yesterday. He said the only thing to do for it is a low-salt diet (already doing that) and diuretics (already on those). I bet the sodium threw you off.

Even without the vertigo, you shouldn't drive yourself to the rtx treatments. Even if you tolerated them fine before, you never know. Five hours is a long time to be out there all alone with a new drug in your body.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't be driving TO the treatment, just to my daughter's house so she could drive me to and from, with recuperation at her house. But you're still right about the rest of it. My plan had been to drive home after a couple days at her house. I just cannot predict how I'll be from day to day yet.

Hmm. Meniere's. I'll study up on it. First time I've been adversely affected (at least in that way) by increased salt.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope it is not Meniere's - my mother had that and eventually had to resort to severing the nerves to one ear in order to stop the vertigo, but she was still left with terrible tinnitus type noises.
    Jack

Page 12 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast