Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

take care of you Sangye

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Sangye - I would be mad too about the phlebotomist being sick and then coughing all over you, how annoying!!!
    Good to hear you are on 5 mg of steroids! I had swelling in my right lower leg so the doc ordered a doppler since I have a history of a blood clot in that leg. No blood clot, but the swelling definately goes down when I wear my tet hose stocking. Do you have one of those? I know there are a lot of different kinds, mine go up to my knee.
    I hope you get to feeling better, try not to stress too much!

Doug Guest

I'm mad for you, Sangye! I know there are only so many people available to do jobs, but it is neglegent to allow ill people around people with compromised immune systems. The least she could have done is wear a mask (for what good they do) to trap the coughs. I expect the JH people will get a blast that singes the hair off their heads over this one! Go get 'em!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    I'm really sick today. The woman who drew my blood yesterday had an obvious cold. She's not a very polite person on a good day. She was open-mouthed coughing all over me! You know how close they have to stand to draw blood, and taking my blood takes a long time. I tried not to breathe much, but it went on for awhile. So surprise-- in the middle of the night I got a sore throat that has now gone crazy. My whole face is swollen. My eyes are almost swollen shut. I feel unbelievably weak. I'm going to call the office manager there today and raise a little hell. It's the phlebotomist in the Vasculitis Center, so all the patients are immune-compromised. The lab is tiny-- about 7 ft x 7 ft, meaning any germs accumulate in there pretty fast. There's only one phlebotomist there at once (only one could fit), so it's not like I had a choice. I am just furious about this. Who needs Typhoid Mary in a blood lab?

I probably won't be on much today. Thanks for the comments above-- I'll have to get back to them later.
    Why wasn't she wearing a mask. I wear one in those situations since most clinics and hospital offer them at door.

What happens when we catch a cold or flu? What treatment do we need.?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drz View Post

What happens when we catch a cold or flu? What treatment do we need.?
    It is a very individual thing. I've never had flu, but I've had the odd cold and it has been no worse than before Wegener's so I have not taken anything for it. On the other hand Sangye seems to be suffering bad.
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sangye take good care of yourself and glad you are calling them to let them know how negligent they were. That should be protocol...wearing a mask if your sick or don't even come to work!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm feeling better this evening. Still pretty bad headache and wiped out. But I'm not congested and my throat is better. The edema is running amok, though. It's gotta be adrenals causing it.

I sent an email to Dr Seo's receptionist asking for the office manager's number. I told her what happened and how sick I got. She sent it on to Dr Seo. That phlebetomist is a difficult person, so maybe there's more going on that he needs to deal with.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad you are feeling better. Sleep good tonight.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

phlebetomist - say that three times fast. Maybe that's why the person is angry, cuz people get to officially call him a phlebetomist.

I hope you're feeling better. It sounded like it on another thread, and I'm happy to hear that. Take care and raise some $#!? with the unprofessionalism issue when you get stronger. Remember... the iatrogenic diseases stat you posted a while back - every little bit of detection/correction helps, and Lord knows we don't want to be just another number in that stat, so you go girl.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sangye I hope you get even better soon. I'm sorry you had to suffer such unprofessionalism.
    It is rare for me to get angry but recently I was at the medical center where I have been getting treatment for over thirty years and I had to request percocet for the Cytoxan infusion I was getting that day. I have been getting this prescription for the couple of months I have been getting infusions. I get a HORRIBLE headache with the infusion and the percocet really helps. Nothing else touches it. They told me the doctor was out but they would leave a message for him and he would get back to me in four days. I explained that I was getting my infusion TODAY and four days later would be way too late.
    Oh we are sorry but the other doctor here won't write the prescription, your regular doctor will have to do it.
    You just told me he wont be here for four days.
    Yes , thats right.

Well, I came unglued. Outwardly I was pretty calm but I was just so mad and frustrated at the run around. I said "So you all are just going to let me get my infusion and then go home and suffer?" "I can do it but it is pretty sensless since every other time I have been given the prescription"
    "So you are ok with just booting me out and letting me suffer for no real reason???"
    The story is somewhat longer but the result was that miracle of miracles I was able to get the prescription. (and boy did I need it , I got so sick and in so much pain. The percocet was a life saver)
    It just mad me so much madder that I HAD to get mad to get the right thing done. I like being a nice person. Sometimes nice doesn't get the job done. I mean actually I was not mean and I didn't make any personal attack, but if I hadn't gotten a little mad and mouthy I would have been sent home to suffer in agony and they would have gone home and slept like babies thinking they did a great job that day.

Page 51 of 62 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast