Likes Likes:  0
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: My Weg husband has new lung illness

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello, my husband is getting stronger and eating better. Still having the low grade fever that makes him feel bad in early morning hours. Had app. with hematologist and discussed the situation. Was decided to hold off on chemo for now. Blasto is still priority. Every day not at the hospital is a good day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Victoria
    Glad to hear things are looking alittle better for you both ,One day at a time take care of you both .
    Thinking of you DEEx

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the update Victoria, I agree glad you are at home instead of the hospital.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello friends, not much has changed with my husband. Some days better than others. Husband is still plagued with early morning fevers and nausea. But hey, lot better than in the hospital. This fungal med is just harsh to live with. At app. Fri the Vandy doc said he would probably be on it for a year. And then a similar type maintenance drug for life. His poor appetite has caused a dramatic weight loss, 20 lbs in less than 6 weeks. He's working on it and drinking ensure at least 2 or 3 times daily. The struggle to get through every day without nausea is a challenge. Just keep hoping this will ease up for him. Still taking the zofran before every dose of the itraconazole. Do any of you have any advice? Victoria

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sip ginger ale, canada dry is the only brand I know that has real ginger. I am glad that you are still home. Hope you have a good day today.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ditto to what Lightwarrior state. Victoria wish I had more advice and that I could do more for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those antifungal drugs are famously difficult... I sure hope it doesn't go on like that for longer. Ginger in any form is very good for nausea. If it's intense, ginger powder in warm water or tea might do the trick. Chamomile is also good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am trying those suggestions for my husband. Somedays are better than others. Today is especially a bad one. Any ideas for any food suggestions when he does feel like eating. I have run completely out of ideas. Just wonder what other people try. Victoria

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I struggle with various eating problems, but I can always manage some soup. Not very high in calories I know, but it is easy to make, easy to digest and very tasty. Crusty bread and butter bulks it up a bit.
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if i cant eat for any reason find mash potatoe with a good gravy on , makes you feel full .,my daughter suggested it she has crohns and struggles with what to eat DEEx

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast