Likes Likes:  0
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: My Weg husband has new lung illness

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

congratulations on being home ...take it easy try to do easy physical therapy live passive range of motion to keep his extremeties limber....just do not over do it....will keep u on our Pray chain...let us know if u need anything
    Want to see a miracle? Plant a word of love heartdeep in a person's life. Nuture it with a smile and a prayer and watch what happens...Never underestimate the power of the seed!

My mojo for today.....gonna be johnny apple seed and just keep planting
    Lisa Marie
    The happiness of people is not necessarily to have the best of everything...but make the most of what you have!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Victoria, so glad he's home! Remind him that it's easier to overdo things at home. We tend to go right back into our daily patterns of walking around the house, etc....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi everyone. Been so nice to be home. So far my husband has done good. Just his normal low grade fever. Getting stronger and appetite beginning to get better. Home health comes tomorrow to draw blood. He goes to hematology doc Fri to talk about this leukemia. It is so strange, since all this to think about "wegeners" lurking in the background! Have any of you ever had to go through chemo for another reason beside treating wegs? Just wondering. I guess we will be informed at his app. what to expect. Victoria

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The chemo will probably keep the WG silent for awhile. Glad he is eating and having home health. Is he getting Physical therapy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad to hear your both home ,take care of yourselves DEEx

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Victoria, like Elephant says the chemo will probably deal with the Wegs in addition to the leukemia. I imagine the biggest problem is going to be starting him on chemo when he already has a major and difficult-to-treat infection.

Doug Guest

Sounds like your husband is improving, and each day he feels better is another day toward the goal: remission! God be with you two, and great news about him starting to perk up to some good, home cookin'!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, he is getting PT as well as nursing. They came today. I was sure hoping she could get his blood since so many times they had to call in IV therapy. She did. He still has the low grade fevers but that is expected. More nausea last night and this morn. Flashbacks of the first go home but better this aft. I still have moments of "oh no", but am getting better. Be glad when Friday is over. Hematology app.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hang in there Victoria, remember you can always call the doc or emergency if it gets bad. I understand what your going thru, had to take care of my mother in law who almost died of pneumonia.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having those "oh no" moments is not only normal but healthy. Trust your gut...if you think you need to take him back in then do it. My wish for you today is that you and your husband enjoy the small joys... the way your yard looks, a favorite chair and that you laugh a lot today.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast