Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: My Weg husband has new lung illness

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It sure helps sitting in this hospital room talking to you friends. My hubby spiked a high fever again last night. Just got more blood drawn for cultures, hopefully nothing more has invaded him. Of course I've been constantly searching this leukemia type. So much involved with all going on. I covet your continued prayers and wish the best for you all. Victoria

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    What med are you taking to prevent fungal infections. What are they puting in the nebulizer?

I will find out what it is and let you know. They do the nebulizer every four weeks and it smells a little but isn't painful or uncomfortable. I think I take the acyclovir for lung infections. I am trying to get list of what i am taking and explanation of why since they changed some of my meds on this hospital admission.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My hubby just had the bone marrow biopsy for the hairy cell leukemia. Find out tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HelloWG friends. My husband is having a terrible time with side affect reactions from the amphotericin B for this fungal infection. Horrible chills and spiking 104 fever last night. Docs worked with him all night. Fever finally broke. I certainly hope none of you ever get stricken with this fungus and have to endure this brutal med. His bone marrow biopsy was also definitive for the hairy cell leukemia. Fortunately that is a slow type that is put on second priority now. Please continue keeping him in your thoughts. Victoria

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've heard similar things about that drug. I'm so sorry he's going through all this! Both of you are in my thoughts. Hang in there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to hear that, I will be thinking about you guys.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to hear all of this. You and your family will certainly be in my thoughts and prayers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope tonight is better for him. Is there anyone watching out for you?? Make sure you are getting enough rest, that you are eating and getting out and walking about a bit. My thoughts are with both of you and my wish is that you both have a peaceful night tonight.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you friends for replying. Helps to know people care. He got moved to ICU late yest. Now has a bacterial blood inf. Could have crossed over from urine cultures still pending. Not calling him septic yet, only a "component " for sepsis. Somewhat more stable than earlier. Docs are holding the amphotericin b treatment for now. And on top of everything he had an IV infiltrate that drug into the tissues of his right arm. Ugly and hot and can't move it! Just did a doppler looking for blood clots. Yes, we have a wonderful family and children. Please keep him in your thoughts. I am hanging in there. Getting naps here and there and taking care of myself so I can help him. Thanks to all. Victoria

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh Victoria, it just keeps getting worse! I hope they can get on top of both infections quickly.

I've had a lot of IV infiltrates but the most painful was on whole blood. It felt like having a telephone pole pushed into my arm. But it sounds like the actual drug caused your husband's pain. SO much worse!

Glad you're taking care of yourself. Please give him my best wishes, even though he doesn't know me YET.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast