Likes Likes:  0
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: My Weg husband has new lung illness

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mashed potatoes are great ...with some gravy. Crusty bread ...sounds great. Victoria how is doing with chewing? swallowing?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The chewing and swallowing are fine. Have found the mashed potatoes and gravy a good source. It just seems some days it doesn't matter what, the minute it hits his stomach, nausea immediate. I never dreamed the struggle just to get through the day with fever and nausea every day. And the plans for this itraconazole are months. I pray for all of you weg patients to never contact this blastomycosis. It is brutal. Victoria

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i forgot i use whlolemeal pasta with a light sauce or small amount of mayo ,with allsorts of fish
    also porridge with honey and for something more filling jacket potatoe with various fillings all these things always manage to stay down !! and take away that feeling sick
    it may not bee the best of diets but your husband has my sympathy were foods concrened (sp) as im fighting same battle at the moment
    the other thing that makes hubby smile is that ive cant tolerate a cup of tea the only other time that has happened is when i was pregant which of course im not that would be a miracle .
    hope some of this has been of some use
    take care of yourselves DEEx

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've found that a hot cup of green tea with ginseng and honey really helps the nausea problems... my doc said peppermint tea might help, but to me it tastes like dirty socks smell

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i try papays enzyme with my meals when my tummy is yucky....it helps digest protien and is chewable tab that actually taste good lemon drops also helped with my nausea too hope your husband feels better soon
    Want to see a miracle? Plant a word of love heartdeep in a person's life. Nuture it with a smile and a prayer and watch what happens...Never underestimate the power of the seed!

My mojo for today.....gonna be johnny apple seed and just keep planting
    Lisa Marie
    The happiness of people is not necessarily to have the best of everything...but make the most of what you have!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LisaMarie View Post
    i try papays enzyme with my meals when my tummy is yucky....it helps digest protien and is chewable tab that actually taste good lemon drops also helped with my nausea too hope your husband feels better soon
    My Grandma took papaya enzymes every day as her only medication. She lived to be 99 years old and her first admit to a hospital was when she was dying.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for suggestions. I will have to search the papaya. Do you get this otc or health food store? Actually we just got back from clinic. Our pcp gave him promethazine and megace es to try and increase appetite. I know if he wasn't nauseated he would eat. The weight continues to drop. His labs surprisingly better today than a week ago. Follow up app. Fri. If more weight loss, possible hospital again. I know he can't fight this without nutrition. I'm getting worried. Victoria

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by misskay View Post
    I've found that a hot cup of green tea with ginseng and honey really helps the nausea problems... my doc said peppermint tea might help, but to me it tastes like dirty socks smell
    You should not be using ginseng at all with Wegs. It's an immune-booster and will have the opposite effect of your Wegs drugs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    Thanks for suggestions. I will have to search the papaya. Do you get this otc or health food store? Actually we just got back from clinic. Our pcp gave him promethazine and megace es to try and increase appetite. I know if he wasn't nauseated he would eat. The weight continues to drop. His labs surprisingly better today than a week ago. Follow up app. Fri. If more weight loss, possible hospital again. I know he can't fight this without nutrition. I'm getting worried. Victoria
    Victoria, please be careful using papaya enzymes (or any enzyme supplements) with your husband. It may be too much for his stomach since he isn't eating regular amounts of food.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314