Results 2,641 to 2,650 of 2670

Thread: Update on pberggren

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is the update the Phil wrote today on his facebook:

Lung is up a bit more today. Will take another pic on Thursday then reassess and figure out what to do. Tube #4 can probably come out later this week as well as there is no fluid coming out of that one. The idea of a larger tube is less likely now. The transplant doc should come by sometime this week. I also put in a request for a PICC line and will hopefully get it today or tomorrow.

so, good news
    please continue to pray. thanks for being with us

Last edited by Alysia; 08-13-2014 at 08:22 AM.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't been on the forum & I missed this---so sorry you are going through this---many prayers & good thoughts to you both!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only reading all this now.....Sending positive thoughts & prayers to you both.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lung is up a bit more today. They clamped tube number 4 and will probably take it out tomorrow. I really hope the lung stays up. I just wish my breathing got a bit better and had more energy. The lung transplant docs know I am here and will try to get to see me before the 26th.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any estimates on how long you need to stay? It would be fun to send you something else than just forum posts
    Diagnosed 08/2013, Relapse 07/2014, Relapse 5/2017 (although early signs of it from 12/2016)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They say not to plan to get out soon but one never knows for sure.

Tube #4 is out now. Such a relief to have it out. They will keep the suction on the back tube at -60 for the weekend then I will see the docs again on Monday. Got outside today as well.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Phil,
    Not sure if you are interested in supplements, but here is study showing vitamin D improves TB.
    Vitamin D is our immune system hormone.

Vitamin D accelerates clinical recovery from tuberculosis: results of the SUCCINCT Study [Supplementary Cholecalciferol in recovery from tuberculosis]. A randomized, placebo-controlled, clinical trial of vitamin D supplementation in patients with pulmonary tuberculosis’
    BMC Infectious Diseases | Full text | Vitamin D accelerates clinical recovery from tuberculosis: results of the SUCCINCT Study [Supplementary Cholecalciferol in recovery from tuberculosis]. A randomized, placebo-controlled, clinical trial of vitamin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sending you love
    Wish I had magic energy to send u
    Xxx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good news Phil, keep that leash tight on that Wegs dog and dont let it roam again!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Good news Phil, keep that leash tight on that Wegs dog and dont let it roam again!
    Was this Wegs related? Was just wondering if it had anything to do with a relapse, or if it just happened to happen. I mean I remember you have had lung issues which I assume were related to Wegs, but this sounded different.
    Diagnosed 08/2013, Relapse 07/2014, Relapse 5/2017 (although early signs of it from 12/2016)