Page 256 of 267 FirstFirst ... 156206246254255256257258266 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,560 of 2670

Thread: Update on pberggren

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya, breathing test was much worse. I couldn't even do most of the tests. The lady doing the testing decided not to continue because she could see I was too distressed. And the CXR was worse from last time as well. So hopefully the Clavulin will do the trick and make me feel a bit better at least.

I don't like crowds and pools so I doubt we will try the hot springs.

I wouldn't mind living in Calgary but not sure how that can happen with only 670 a month income.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is definitely a challenge. I did a smidge of research. I know your parents help you out and are unable or unwilling to move. I know you've also mentioned supportive living options. Check out the following from an Alberta Health website. I think you may qualify for government funded supportive living. The tricky part is you must be an Alberta resident and have an Alberta health care number. So you may have to either move here and then apply, or ask one of your Calgary relatives to let you 'live' at their address to obtain these things. Maybe worth a few phone calls to someone in Alberta health while you're here. I think Alysia is also a great researcher so maybe she can help! If anywhere would have nice, clean supportive living places it would be here! Then I can introduce you to my brother, sister and parents and everyone else they know and you'll have some new friends who also tend to like to feed people and invite them over.

What is supportive living?

Supportive living provides accommodation in a home-like setting, where people can remain as independent as possible while they have access to accommodation and services that meet their changing needs.

Supportive living serves the needs of a wide range of individuals. Residents in a supportive living setting can range from seniors who require support services due to age, chronic conditions and frailty to young adults with mental health or physical disabilities.

Supportive living settings vary by size, appearance and types of services provided. Supportive living includes many different types of settings, such as (but not limited to) seniors lodges, group homes, mental health and designated supportive living accommodations. These settings can be operated by private for-profit, private not-for-profit or public operators.

Under the Supportive Living Accommodation Licensing Act, all supportive living accommodations must be licensed when the operator provides permanent accommodation to four or more adults and the operator provides or arranges for services related to safety and security of the residents, and provides at least one meal a day or housekeeping services. Safety and security services can differ in how they are provided from accommodation to accommodation, but are required to occur at least once a day. Examples of safety and security services can include having 24-hour staffing, operators using phone call reminders at meal times, and sign-in/sign-out books in a lobby.

Currently, there are 27,000 supportive living residents in more than 700 licensed supportive living settings in Alberta.

Individuals do not pay for publicly funded health and personal care services provided through the AHS Home Care program or in a designated supportive living space, based on their assessed unmet need. They are, however, responsible for arranging and paying for any additional services that they choose. (Emphasis mine).

Seniors lodges are governed under provincial legislation that protects low-to-moderate income seniors by ensuring that operators can only charge an accommodation rate that leaves senior residents with at least $265 a month for their personal expenses. Affordable supportive living spaces that were funded in part with capital grant dollars from the province cannot charge residents more than the equivalent of what the maximum accommodation fees are for a private room in a long-term care facility.

Read more about long-term care accommodation fees

http://www.health.alberta.ca/documen...chure-2013.pdf
    http://www.health.alberta.ca/documen...Guide-2013.pdf
    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, she became a butterfly.
    - English proverb.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes Lisa yr correct-I forgot. We did an rv trip a few years ago. Just remembered traveling from Banff to Whistler. Guess I slept most of that trip-lol! It really is beautiful country.
    I am a strong person, but every now and then I also need someone to take my hand & say everything will be alright....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am a strong person, but every now and then I also need someone to take my hand & say everything will be alright....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alysia likes zipping through the mountains at 85 to 95mph. She is good on the highway but nervous in the city.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am honored to write in this update, being a witness and a participant.

Phil is def my super hero I am amazed every day again and again from the tough times he is going through, being unable to breath, coughing so much. It makes me cry sometimes
    At other times when he feels better, usually after he works hard for about 3 hours of nebulizing and irrigating, he knows to enjoy life. He is the sweetest friendly, funny, and generous man, and wherever we go, people just love him
    We went to his lung doc. I was amazed from the quality of the hospital and treatment and caring. Phil is getting a VIP treatment, for sure. The nurses were very sweet to him and considering. It was sad that he couldn’t make the test, being too tough for him.
    His doc has a compassionate look, he is honest, says what he doesn’t know, with beautiful humility, while at the same time being VERY professional. he gave us hope for better, giving the antibiotics. in fact, a meeting of Phil with him doesn’t seem like a "patient and doc meeting" but like a "doc-to-doc consultation" about a patient.

The respiratory therapist is just awesome. She gave Phil 90 min at the first day and yesterday more 120 min. she said that he is a challenge and that she likes it. She taught him couple of exercises and techniques which are giving hope for better breathing. She is very devoted and caring. It is good to know that Phil has her now. he is already trying what she tought him.

Canada is beautiful. I am amazed from the wideness and spaces and hugeness of everything. The roads here are MUCH better then the roads in Israel: more wide, no holes on the roads, MUCH less crowded. The drivers here are not as nervous as they are in Israel. There is a feeling of Peace,in all meanings, which unfortunately can't be right now in Israel, if ever.

I like the driving. But most of all, I love Phil and being with him. I feel blessed for every min I can be with him and I pray to God to help this sweet man to feel better.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was beautiful, Alysia. It seems he needed you to be there for him now and you needed it, too. I'm glad it worked out. You are making it much easier for him to get through all this. I'm happy to hear about the good lung doctor and the respiratory therapist and the professional and compassionate treatment he is getting. I wish I could say the same for my docs here, but I guess when you are Batman you get the best.

I'm so glad you are experiencing the wild and wide open spaces of Canada. That has to be good for the soul. Loving thoughts go out to you.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am going to post some pics from our trip of today: first one is Phil near Fairmont Banff springs Hotel:

Alysia
    dx 2008

https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this one is from Lake Minnewanka:
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, beautiful mountains

Aww look there's a couple of people standing near the water

That fellow in the front of the picture seems to be in a few of your shots Alysia - a photo bomber for sure
    looking good Phil, looking good
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS