Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry Phil, I will pray for him...how sad being so young. Do you have another dr. you can go to now ? Was he your main lung dr. ? How have you been feeling these days ?
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sympathies and prayers. so young and so tragic. You must have been so shocked to find out on news like that.
    Smile, breathe and go slowly. Because of your smile, you make life more beautiful. Thich Nhat Hahn

dxn 11/13

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to read this story Phil. What horrible news to wake up to.

After reading the story though, I'm inspired by this man because he sure knew how to live life. I'm guessing statistically base jumping has a lower survival rate than WG even, yet he still did it because it gave him that feeling of being alive. I've always wished I had enough guts to do the 'bat suit thing'... that's just so amazing that people can do that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jxwa8Dd-gdk I can totally see how it can become an addiction for anyone with adrenalin junkie tendencies. May his soul enjoy everything the other side has to offer.

I'm assuming he's not a doc you see on a regular basis as he was in Calgary, but it sucks to loose someone we've grown close to, regardless of their location.
    Unfortunately we're all too familiar with that scenario on this forum.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

shocking. tragic. he looks so full of vitality we do pray for his soul...
    it is just few days ago that you wrote in another thread (that's of Cindy) that you will write a letter to him asking about the antibiotics. I wonder if it worked out....
    my heart is aching for you. I pray that you can find a new lung doc, also best one. I send you my love and big warm comforting hug.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phil, what shocking news for you, and all his patients, friends, and family. I am so sorry. He was way too young and in the prime of life. He was doing something he enjoyed, but that is small consolation. May he rest in peace. May you find another doc to take his place, one who will continue where he left off.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phil,

Sorry to hear about your pulmy. He had to be good if you allowed him to treat you. Hope there's another great pulmy out there for you. Brohug!
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is a great man. So dedicated to his patients. He even pioneered two new lung procedures for lung disease. He was a very kind and had a good sense of humor as well. He was my doc for just 2 years so I only saw him 8 times but talked to him on the phone a couple times as well. I will have to write a letter now to his boss to see which doc I will see now. I would think that I will see his boss, the guy they interviewed on TV. He is very nice as well.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh Phil, I'm so sorry to hear this. My prayers go out to him and his family. To you also as you will now have to find a new lung doc. So tragic but I'm glad he embraced life and lived his to the fullest.
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers