Results 1,911 to 1,920 of 2670

Thread: Update on pberggren

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    Michelle, I'm glad you like my post about the chunks. I was a little worried that I was rude to Phil by implying he liked chunks. It's just that I'd heard him mention them a few times. It was my Weggie mind going out of control a bit.

So, Phil, no offense intended. But they really were impressive! And my nose has been a lot clearer since they left.

Hahaha - I liked your post because I can so relate to it and I don't think it's being rude to Phil, he and most others on here could also relate, I bet.

Gotta love it when the chunks are out......can breathe for at least 5 minutes before they start forming again.
    Unlike Phil, I would never take photo's
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just emailed Dr. Carol Langford at the Cleveland Clinic about making an appointment to have them either take over or co-manage my Wegener's with my current doctor. I really feel good about this decision. I have been on MTX almost constantly since 2005 and I'd really, really like to be able to get in remission and stay there for a change. I don't think I've ever gone more than nine-months in remission at one time. Fingers crossed! BTW, I referenced this forum in my email to Dr. Langford who heads up the vasculitis clinic and told her what wonderful people were on this site and how value their advice is. It seems to me that a lot of doctors could learn a lot more about GPA just by reading some of the posts that are on this site.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I just emailed Dr. Carol Langford at the Cleveland Clinic about making an appointment to have them either take over or co-manage my Wegener's with my current doctor. I really feel good about this decision. I have been on MTX almost constantly since 2005 and I'd really, really like to be able to get in remission and stay there for a change. I don't think I've ever gone more than nine-months in remission at one time. Fingers crossed! BTW, I referenced this forum in my email to Dr. Langford who heads up the vasculitis clinic and told her what wonderful people were on this site and how value their advice is. It seems to me that a lot of doctors could learn a lot more about GPA just by reading some of the posts that are on this site.
    That is really great, Shannon! I would think just knowing you are going to get that caliber of care would boost your spirits enough to help with your healing. And I agree with you that most doctors could learn A LOT about our disease by reading this forum. I hope at least a fair number of them do. It would be time consuming for them, but if they are going to treat GPA patients, they need to take the time to learn about us.... otherwise, they really shouldn't be treating us. And kudos to you for making an effort to get the best care possible, even if it is inconvenient.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mishb View Post
    Hahaha - I liked your post because I can so relate to it and I don't think it's being rude to Phil, he and most others on here could also relate, I bet.

Gotta love it when the chunks are out......can breathe for at least 5 minutes before they start forming again.
    Unlike Phil, I would never take photo's
    Yeah, my chunks are sneaky, as I can often still breathe when they are in there.... they hide in the nasal cavity. But as they grow, I feel worse and worse, until I realize.... there's something big in there!

I've seen Phil's pictures (don't ask me why I even looked at them) and they are NOTHING compared to these recent chunks. That's why I thought he might be interested in them. Although I'm sure he's had some monstrous chunks, too, that maybe he hasn't seen fit to photograph, or at least to share.....
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Send me some pics Anne. You know me. I love chunks......lol
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    Send me some pics Anne. You know me. I love chunks......lol
    LOL! I'm so glad you found that funny. Well, those chunks are long down the drain...... I thought later, shoot, I shouldn't have done that, they might mess up my septic system. If I get more like that, I will think about it...... if I can stand to look at them that long.....
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's art Anne. Don't throw away good art......lol.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    LOL! I'm so glad you found that funny. Well, those chunks are long down the drain...... I thought later, shoot, I shouldn't have done that, they might mess up my septic system. If I get more like that, I will think about it...... if I can stand to look at them that long.....

LOL - my husband always blames me for clogging up the pipes
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    It's art Anne. Don't throw away good art......lol.
    Har, har!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mishb View Post
    LOL - my husband always blames me for clogging up the pipes
    Y'know, I thought of that, too. Like maybe I should empty the trap under the sink in case they are still in there. Yuck!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011