Page 177 of 267 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187227 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 2670

Thread: Update on pberggren

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having Wegs has been a huge blessing for me-- a thought that is never far from my mind, even when I'm grumbling or feel defeated by the circumstances of the moment. If one's goals in life are to uproot all negative patterns, to deepen in compassion and to connect with the suffering of all beings, then something like Wegs is a perfect vehicle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I to am very happy I have found this forum and I too feel blessed to have come to know everyone here who has helped me and stills sees me thru tuff times. But I still can not agree how this is a blessing again I know people alot worse than I in other ways and I am fortunate I don't have there problems, but I am still very stressed out about this whole disease and everyday trying to find a new way to combat it besides taking medicine that will eventually make me worse. I have always been compassionate towards other people but now some of the littlest things can annoy me for no reason.I quess if anything I can say I am blessed to have this disease and not have it be as life threating (right now)
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debra, calling Wegs a blessing doesn't mean that I'm happy about living the way I am, it just means that I'm happy about what I'm learning and how I'm changing as a result of being pinned down by the Wegs dog.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    Having Wegs has been a huge blessing for me-- a thought that is never far from my mind, even when I'm grumbling or feel defeated by the circumstances of the moment. If one's goals in life are to uproot all negative patterns, to deepen in compassion and to connect with the suffering of all beings, then something like Wegs is a perfect vehicle.
    I understand your sentiment, I certainly have a need to uproot all negative patterns and I could stand to deepen my compassion and connect at a wider and deeper level with the suffering of all beings. You are an amazing friend Sangye.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you Sangye.......very well said.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we all need glass of Chardonnay....or Ice Tea, you are more than welcomed to visit sunny Miami.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will come in the winter.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will be heading to Palm Bay,Fl in a few weeks.My sister just moved there so she wants me to come down for some r&r. Can't wait to walk the beach and have some raw oysters on the half shell and maybe a good glass of wine as well!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Debra C View Post
    I will be heading to Palm Bay,Fl in a few weeks.My sister just moved there so she wants me to come down for some r&r. Can't wait to walk the beach and have some raw oysters on the half shell and maybe a good glass of wine as well!!!
    Debra, I think it's OK to NOT think of Wegs as a blessing. Everyone is different. If this has really disrupted the course and quality of your life, I can understand your feeling resentful of the disease. But I also think there is room for a change of heart and seeing it differently some day, IF that should ever happen, not that it has to.

In any case, I'm glad you are going for some r&r in Florida, and I am sure a few of us are envious! I know it's a few weeks off, but we'll be looking forward to hearing about it.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll just say this on the subject and that will be it. I believe everything happens for a reason and I was meant to get this disease. I can't say that I am happy about it and it hasn't changed my life. I believe I can honestly say that this disease has disrupted the course and quality of everyones life. We all hate the preds,weight gain,fatique,mood swings,losing our hearing or sight, taking different pills or infusions hoping this one will do the trick. But it is what it is. There are a few things good that have come from me being ill,is now I spend more time with my 85 yr. old mother (taking care of her because she isn't very well ), I don't have to get up every morning and go to work and I'm eating better and relaxing with my yoga.But like I said it is what it is and there's nothing I can do to change it.