Page 23 of 267 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Thread: Update on pberggren

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phil,
    Hope all went well for you today. Sounds like a very busy day...try to get rest. Take care!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw my other ENT, Dr. Mia today in Saskatoon.

I almost cancelled and did not go because I was so tired from only getting 2 hours sleep and my back, neck, and shoulder were very stiff and sore. I tried heat packs through the night and then I bit the bullet and took 4 Robax Platinum at 4am and they kicked in shortly after.

The ENT scoped my nose and ears. He said there may be fluid behind the ear drums but it looks more long term to him like several years, like from the Wegs. He said tubes and decongestant nasal sprays are always a last resort. I asked him what he thought of my choice of dosing the Amikacin like this. He said that if I felt I was getting worsening hearing or kidney damage he would stop dosing it by IV and would try to inhale it.

I bought a honey rinse kit from him for my nose. He also suggested to try putting the Pulmicort right in my nasal rinse and also trying Johnson's baby shampoo in the rinse too to loosen up the crusties.

I also had a hearing test and it is not any worse from last Wednesdays test.

It was kind of neat to see my ear canals and drums on a color TV and to see my nose as well. The inside of my nose still is like raw hamburger and has been mostly like that since I firts got Wegs.

I asked him if it is possible to get the nasal wash up into my ears through the eustachian tube when I use my Waterpik to do the nasal rinse. He said yes. I am going to try and be more carefull.

He also said to stop using a Q-tip to clean out my ear canals. He said I could nick the sides of the ear canals and cause damage, and any new wound could bring on Wegs.

I asked him about getting taste and smell back and he said most of his patients have had the most success with Pulmicort. So I will try that in my nasal rinse tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phil, thanks for the information. You have a very good ENT!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

youm had a busy day hope you can get a rest now DEEx

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wowser!!! That's a brainfull in one day. What sticks out is "Johnson's Baby Shampoo in your nasal rinse" - really? You're a tougher man than me my friend. That just freaks me out.

Take care Phil. Rest and recover and then take it on like you always do. Give'er!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope you are resting after an eventful day. Thanks for all the info Phil. Same here with my ears, long term hearing loss because of Wegs without getting better in future. Ugh, you are right Marta, I too wouldn't have the guts to do the rinse. Let us know how it goes Phil.
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is one hell of a cocktail to squirt up your nose! Honey and shampoo?
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't like the sound of putting shampoo up your nose. Just because it's "baby" shampoo doesn't mean it's free of chemicals that would be absorbed by mucous membranes. Ick.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warm saline always did the trick for me. It is hard to see the need for shampoo and it does sound a bit questionable.
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is some interesting information Phil, you will have to let us know how it works. Are you talking pulmicort the medicine for a nebulizer?