Thread: Update on pberggren

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Obviously your sexiness makes you look well

When people tell me that I look well.......I just smile and say thankyou
    When people say....oh I know what you mean, I've had this pain for a week now....or my nose is blocked, I hate having a cold.......I just smile and say, you'll be right.

You know, everyone has their own problems.....whether they be big or small and it's not for me to tell them that their issue is not better or worse than the one I have.
    Everyone feels things or pains differently, so our pain threshold may be better than someone who has just broken an arm or has got body aches and pains etc.

So what I'm really saying is that I don't really try to explain to people what is going on and why I can't do something........I just smile

I'm glad grandma is doing well
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Michelle. I usually don't explain unless some is persistent.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    But they all asked why I was not working. A couple of them, especially my cousin's wife, could not understand why I was not working. I explained to her the thing about stress, pred taper, immunocompromised, low energy, poor hearing, noisy places make me sick, poor breathing, lung problems, etc, etc.........but she said their is always work out there. She said she understands pred cuz she was on it for a few weeks once......lol. I said no u don't understand it from my perspective.....lol. Oh well, some people just like to argue....lol
    So many people just do not understand, think they know about pred, AI diseases, etc. It's too complicated to explain it in a typical casual conversation. We can tell them we have vasculitis (Wegeners, GPA, whatever we think they can remember) and if they really care, they can go home and look it up on the internet, maybe even take a peek at this forum. I'm ready to tell them about Al the next time someone doesn't seem to get the seriousness of it.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    So many people just do not understand, think they know about pred, AI diseases, etc. It's too complicated to explain it in a typical casual conversation. We can tell them we have vasculitis (Wegeners, GPA, whatever we think they can remember) and if they really care, they can go home and look it up on the internet, maybe even take a peek at this forum. I'm ready to tell them about Al the next time someone doesn't seem to get the seriousness of it.
    On the other hand, Michelle's attitude is a good one and I usually am more like that than going around with a chip on my shoulder......
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This site will not let my upload pics anymore.
    That doesn't sound right, Phil... I've uploaded some within the last couple months or so, as have others..... we'd love to see them!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't have a chip on my shoulder. I am glad I have Wegs. It is a blessing for all of us. But one someone keeps nagging and disagreeing even when I try and walk away then I feel I have to politely tell them I am the expert here......lol. And then proceed to instruct them in the Vasculitide world...lol

I will try and do the photo thing again.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't have a chip on my shoulder. I am glad I have Wegs. It is a blessing for all of us. But one someone keeps nagging and disagreeing even when I try and walk away then I feel I have to politely tell them I am the expert here......lol. And then proceed to instruct them in the Vasculitide world...lol

I will try and do the photo thing again.
    Phil, why do u say u are glad you have Wegs. I sure don't thik it's a blessing,sure other people have it alot worse off than me in life but I liked my life before beng dx.
    I don't know how to upload pics ,thats why I never have.
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wasn't saying YOU had a chip on your shoulder, Phil. I thought I sounded like I had one, so modified my response. But I wouldn't blame you AT ALL for occasionally being irritated at people who just won't listen and making you explain it all again. In the case of your close relatives, I'm sure they so WANT you to be well that they try to convince themselves you are because you LOOK so well, so that's why they mention working and such.

It sounds like in general you are on a pretty even keel about it. It's a little hard for me to say I'm glad I have Wegs, but I do think there are some positive things that have come of it. My life isn't much worse than it was before, though I know that's not true for everyone, and I feel for them. I still have optimism that I can make my life better in some of the ways I could have pre-Wegs.

I have tried to explain uploading pics to people but it hasn't worked. It's just a matter of keeping trying until you get it. I need to do it again and then maybe will think of a better way to explain it.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    That doesn't sound right, Phil... I've uploaded some within the last couple months or so, as have others..... we'd love to see them!
    Same for me Phil, I can not for the life of me upload ANY pictures. that is why none of you have seen my adorable great grand baby Gianna Catalaya

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debra, if you like I can send you a private message esplaining why Wegs is a blessing.

I know how to upload the photos. It just wont take. It just sits there and spins.....literally.....lol. The little circle at the top just keeps turning and turning for hours.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003