Page 163 of 267 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173213263 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 2670

Thread: Update on pberggren

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nooooooooooooo! Sangye, you cannot mean we should not eat chocolate, please say that was a mistake. I mean chocolate is the reason for living, it is the one thing that shows we are superior to animals. I know I am going to have a bad night's sleep tonight.

Jim
    You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. Kahil Gibran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    Thanks so much Sangye. I only started eating hot foods because I cannot taste. I will definitely stay away from them now. I only took those acid blockers because the pain was so intense. What do you mean by the inner leaf? Do you mean I have to find the plant itself and squeeze out the gel? Or can I find this in a health food store?
    The front label will say inner leaf.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dryhill View Post
    Nooooooooooooo! Sangye, you cannot mean we should not eat chocolate, please say that was a mistake. I mean chocolate is the reason for living, it is the one thing that shows we are superior to animals. I know I am going to have a bad night's sleep tonight.

Jim
    LOL I know, we would all surely die without chocolate. Just don't eat it on a very regular basis. The dark stuff is healthier, but it also increases the Fire element much more.

A few years ago I had a horribly itchy rash on my feet. None of my docs could figure it out. The Wegs was smoldering back then but I wasn't seeing a Wegs doc so we were all in the dark. A friend offered me a 2cm piece of organic dark chocolate, which of course I accepted. Within 10 seconds of eating it my feet began to itch ferociously. About a week later I saw an Ayurvedic practitioner who pointed out my huge Fire excess. The Fire-reducing treatment cured the rash pretty quickly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"I'm also wondering about food grade hydrogen peroxide? Any one on here take this?[/QUOTE]"

I strongly object to any type of hydrogen peroxide unless it is used as a surface disinfectant on something that is not 'alive'. It is old fashioned, caustic and actually destroys living tissue. Way basic in Ph, and a proven carcinogen. Sooo not what Weggies need on/in their bodies.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just watched an interesting program on television about nursing homes for seniors. The main topic was how seniors with dementia are given antipsychotic meds to shut them up and control them. Dementia seems to be on the rise for some reason. The program stated that 50% or more of patients in nursing homes are given antipsychotic meds to keep them in control. This was a Canadian production but they went to a nursing home in Minnesota and discovered that they did not use meds there but a new approach called awakenings. This immediately reminded me of the movie called Awakenings. So obviously this is not a new approach. All this has really hit home for me because my grandma is now in a nursing home. I swear I will never let my parents go into a nursing home, but if it is one like the one in Minnesota on the program, then I would not have a problem with that.

My grandma had a mild TIA back in March. She is 92 and her husband, my step grandpa, is 93. My grandma has slight dementia but remembers who everyone is and can remember the past quite well. It is just her short term memory is a bit foggy. Anyway, before the TIA my step grandpa had suggested to his son that it would be nice to have a bit of respite from taking care of grandma. He said maybe 2 weeks would be good to rest up. His son suggested that home care come in and evaluate the situation at home to see if he needs some help around the house. He said that would be a good idea because he said he did worry about lifting grandma out of the bath tub and such. Then grandma had the TIA right away and ended up in the hospital.

She did not like being in the hospital and escaped. My grandpa was not made aware of this. Then grandma was put in a nursing home by my uncle, her son. Grandpa was not made aware of this as well. He feels the family is abandoning him and feels that some family members of my side of the family never did like him. He is a very nice man and married grandma back in 2000 shortly after my real grandpa passed away. Now my dad's siblings, except his older brother, are all for keeping grandma in the nursing home. I don't agree. I have visited her there and it seems like this nursing home she is in is like most others described on the tv program. My one aunt and uncle are quite mean about all this. When I try and question them about it they just say I owe grandma money for my hearing aids, which is a crock of ****. She gave me that money out of love. And they say they are the boss and in control of everything and their word is final. My dad even overheard them talking about euthanizing her and changing her will. My step grandpa said they came to the house with some other people and took all of grandmas stuff without asking him and made him sign some papers that he does not know what he was signing.

Anyway, this all boils my blood at how people can treat their own mother like this. Grandma asks me: why am I in here? Doesn't JJ love me any more?
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a sad story about your Grandma, Phil. I used to work at a nursing home for 2 weeks and had to quit. It was so sad to see the people waiting for their family to come to see them and they never came.Can't all of u get together and get a lawyer or have a psych evaluate your Grandma to see her state of mind, she just seems a bit fiesty to me ! As far as Grandpa goes I would see what papers he signed and never let those people in his house again. I know when my grandmother died my relatives where at her house taking everything in sight..her things didn't matter to me,I have the memories. I would definately get Grandma out of there if she doesn't need to be there..let her enjoy the last time of her life...go kidnap her !!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Deb.

I would love to go and just kidnap her and bring her back home. Mom and Dad don't seem to want to do anything now. They don't want to make waves. I feel like going into Batman mode but I'm afraid that will just cause me way too much stress. On the other hand sitting here stewing about it causes me stress too. Maybe I'll call grandpa tomorrow or Tuesday to see how things are going.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do they have patient or client advocates in your area for people in nursing homes? If so, have you contacted them and asked them to investigate her situation? They might be able to get her a court hearing or other administrative type hearing on her situation if she is unhappy about it and wants something changed.

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    Thanks Deb.

I would love to go and just kidnap her and bring her back home. Mom and Dad don't seem to want to do anything now. They don't want to make waves. I feel like going into Batman mode but I'm afraid that will just cause me way too much stress. On the other hand sitting here stewing about it causes me stress too. Maybe I'll call grandpa tomorrow or Tuesday to see how things are going.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are u able to take Grandpa to see her? Boy now u got me mad at these people,they seem like they are just money hungry and out to get everything they can and don't care who they hurt to get it. I would watch about the will..that's probably what they had him sign was power of attorney. Sorry to talk mean about yr family but I hate when people (especially old) get taken advantage of.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm put a new engine in the Bat plane as we speak.

I'm not sure if their are patient advocate groups here or not. I don't think so. I don't think that would be the rout to take though right now. Just not sure what to do.

Ya, I'm pretty sure my aunt has POA and my uncle is the executor of the will.

I even heard my aunt say to my mom after they were seeing if grandma could help them out with some dental work bills, she said: u have money, don't lie, and in case u haven't noticed my name is on the cheques. What a thing to say, hey?
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003