Page 133 of 267 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143183233 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 2670

Thread: Update on pberggren

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are still waiting for cultures and biopsies to come back from bronchoscopy. It may take another 2 or 3 weeks before we have everything back. So far my CRP is down to 70 and dropping. So it seems like we are treating me right with Cefuroxime and Zithromax.

The lung doc told my doc once the inflamation is down he can dilate my bronchs in about a month or so.

I mentioned IVIG and Plasma exchange to my doc and he said it would be useless because I am not flaring. He said he has much experience with this. And he also said that he would not be able to justify the cost without proving I am flaring.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am so glad the meds coctail is working. Yes, about the justifying, its a funny medical system we have in Canada. We treat the symptoms and do not give any service to preventing the symptoms. I went thru the whole thing about being put on rtx or anything other than cyclo, but the answer was "we have to justify asking the government to pay $20,000 and if you answer to cytox than there is no need for rtx. And so it went, and who cares that I can get bladder cancer, gastric bleeding and so on which could be prevented by using alternate treatment not as toxic.
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    We are still waiting for cultures and biopsies to come back from bronchoscopy. It may take another 2 or 3 weeks before we have everything back. So far my CRP is down to 70 and dropping. So it seems like we are treating me right with Cefuroxime and Zithromax.....I mentioned IVIG and Plasma exchange to my doc and he said it would be useless because I am not flaring. He said he has much experience with this. And he also said that he would not be able to justify the cost without proving I am flaring.
    Good news on the infection, Phil. May your CRP continue to drop! Nevertheless, we'll keep the light on for you.

I agree that the PEX and IVIG are best used on active flares. Sitll...it's always about money, yes? You either have to justify it to the government or the insurance company. Maybe one sign of an effective doc is his or her understanding of working the byzantine medical/industrial/bureaucratic complex.

Hang on, Phil, and don't forget, in your arboreal peregrinations where you put the bread crumbs....

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I quickly glanced thru the past posts and didn't see anything current about your hearing. Is it coming along and your brain getting retrained and reacquainted with having some sound? Hope that's the case!

Sure wish I was getting e-mails when posts were replied too.... I guess that is working for some folks and not for others....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya, CRP is down to 40 something today, I think. At least I think they took blood today and I think the doc said it is down to 40 something. It must be pred head day........lol

I don't get many notifications by e-mail anymore either.

My hearing is okay. At least I can understand speech for the most part.

Jolanta, I took 3 months of ctx this year then followed right away with 4 infusions of rxt. My doc is quite certain that the rtx will be approved long term for me financially by the government of Sask.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phil Im so glad the medicines are working. Hopefully this will subside soon. Keep taking good care of yourself. I was reading some other post and you have some beans from Texas and some bubbles that mich will be wrapping youin, and here in Fl. you can come and get some sun and beach and of course a Cuban style soup homemade.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maria garcia View Post
    Phil Im so glad the medicines are working. Hopefully this will subside soon. Keep taking good care of yourself. I was reading some other post and you have some beans from Texas and some bubbles that mich will be wrapping youin, and here in Fl. you can come and get some sun and beach and of course a Cuban style soup homemade.
    Phil, how can you go wrong with an offer like this?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Al View Post
    Phil, how can you go wrong with an offer like this?
    And what do you have to offer Al?
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ha ha notice no reply from Al. Glad you are on the mend Batman. I guess it realy depends on the doc and circumstances of the illness for the alternate drugs approval, I'm happy you can be approved.
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jola57 View Post
    Ha ha notice no reply from Al. Glad you are on the mend Batman. I guess it realy depends on the doc and circumstances of the illness for the alternate drugs approval, I'm happy you can be approved.
    Hey, Jolanta, no fair! I was busy with my own repast, before coming up with a plate of leftovers for Phil! Sorry, Phil, no beach time here--or at least no warm beach time. Nor Cuban soup, though I do make a mean stew (vegan or otherwise), and I consider bread baking as therapeutic as carpentry, and for much the same reason.

It's great to have you back with us, and with a decent report. Cliche, I suppose, but I am thankful for that. It sounds like your present infection, at least, now has a handle on it. Let us know how things progress....

Al