Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 2670

Thread: Update on pberggren

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Bob and Leigh.

My doc thinks that the symptoms I am having are either a reaction from the vaccines or somethink viral.

I had my bladder scoped today and it and the CT are good. So my bladder and the ureters are good.

And my surgeon for the implants got back to me and I can get the old Freedom implants next week instead of waiting months or years.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oyoyoy. hate to see that we still have to go thru all this garbage! 61 is a wonderful score! wish some one could explain to me why a drug, such as cellcept, is so expensive. also garbage. the pharm companies make billions. hope it all works out for you,Rose.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    Thanks Bob and Leigh.

My doc thinks that the symptoms I am having are either a reaction from the vaccines or somethink viral.

I had my bladder scoped today and it and the CT are good. So my bladder and the ureters are good.

And my surgeon for the implants got back to me and I can get the old Freedom implants next week instead of waiting months or years.
    excellant,Phil! keep on truckin...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel as if I am hijacking Pherggren page but just wanted to relate the latest news
    My insurance has finally capitulated after almost a year and has allowed cellcept but only the generic. It seems the fact that Wegener's has damaged my kidneys was all along a PMB condition and by law means all access to doctors, blood test and anything else concerning my kidney healht has to be coverd by my insurance without cost to me. My day to day savings are not afffected so my family has medical cover again. I feel it has been inefficiency and should i say negligence on behalf of the insurance company in that they looked no further than the Wegenr's which is not a condition covered but is when there is kidney involvement. They appeared to have ignored the fact that i was in 3rd stake kidney disease as was shown by kidney function tests and kidney biopsy which were submitted on 3 occasions. Luckily I recently came across the fact that Kidney disease should be covered regardless of cause and so I had ammunition to apply all over again.

I have been doing so well on Cellcept and i am a bit concerned about the generic. Anyone have any experience of generic cellcept?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my pill bottle says mycophenolate so guess thats the generic and have been taking it for over a year with no adverse effects. just the usual symptoms they list. my insurance always goes for the generic on my meds. costs them over 600 a month and I have the copay.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know I should not worry about things like that but it is easier said than done.

I am thankful that they are being recalled for sure.

I think I may have an option of going with the older Freedom type of Cochlear. Even if I am flaring I still want to get the impants on Sept. 22.
    Hi!

Below is an article about cochlear implants called "Advanced Bionics" just approved by the FDA as well as Health Canada:

Sonova announces FDA approval for U.S. market re-entry of the Advanced Bionics HiRes 90K cochlear implant

Stäfa (Switzerland), 13.09.2011 – Sonova is pleased to announce the immediate market re-entry of the Advanced Bionics HiRes 90K cochlear implant in the United States. In recent months, Advanced Bionics (AB) received approval from several other regulatory bodies, including Health Canada and the European Notified Body (TÜV), to resume distribution of the HiRes 90K cochlear implant to Canada and countries accepting the CE Mark. With the approval of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Advanced Bionics can resume distribution in the United States and re-enter all markets worldwide.

Below is a link to a press release from Sonova:

Sonova Holding AG - FDA approval 20110913

Hope you find this information helpful!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by beeinformed View Post
    Hi!

Below is an article about cochlear implants called "Advanced Bionics" just approved by the FDA as well as Health Canada:

Sonova announces FDA approval for U.S. market re-entry of the Advanced Bionics HiRes 90K cochlear implant

Stäfa (Switzerland), 13.09.2011 – Sonova is pleased to announce the immediate market re-entry of the Advanced Bionics HiRes 90K cochlear implant in the United States. In recent months, Advanced Bionics (AB) received approval from several other regulatory bodies, including Health Canada and the European Notified Body (TÜV), to resume distribution of the HiRes 90K cochlear implant to Canada and countries accepting the CE Mark. With the approval of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Advanced Bionics can resume distribution in the United States and re-enter all markets worldwide.

Below is a link to a press release from Sonova:

Sonova Holding AG - FDA approval 20110913

Hope you find this information helpful!
    Thanks. I am already aware of this. I will be getting the older Freedom implants.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks. I am already aware of this. I will be getting the older Freedom implants.
    Why not the newer one above if it is better and bugs are fixed?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drz View Post
    Why not the newer one above if it is better and bugs are fixed?
    For one thing my surgeon does not use those other ones and the Freedom one is the same chip and electrodes as the new Nucleus, just a different shape and a bit thicker.

I doubt the ones above are any better than the Freedom. I have done a lot of research on this.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you still scheduled to turn your implant on 28Oct or has that been moved up?