User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 73 of 267 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123173 ... LastLast

Thread: Update on pberggren

Santo, Texas (60 miles west of Fort Worth)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PB,
    Yes, $2k/month is an enormous amount for insurance, but we were 60 when I sold the company and that is what is was costing at the time. It goes up every year, too. Our employees enjoyed very good insurance benefits when we owned Daydots. My out out of pocket co-pays were $30 for a doctors office visit and $10 for each Rx. That is my co-pay. The insurance pays the rest. We can go to any doctor we want, anywhere we want, as often as we want to, and we don't need referrals from a primary care physician or any permission from the insurance company ahead of time.

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    My doc said that because I have been on high dose pred again for the last 3 months he will most likely not exceed 80mg of solumedrol.

Mike, 2 grand a month just for insurance premiums? YIKES!!!! That is about 4 times what I make in a month. What do you mean about co-pay for rx and doc visits? How much do you have to pay for those now?
    J. Mike Milliorn, Santo Texas
    Diagnosed Jan. 2011
    at the Cleveland Clinic

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jmmilliorn View Post
    PB,
    Yes, $2k/month is an enormous amount for insurance, but we were 60 when I sold the company and that is what is was costing at the time. It goes up every year, too. Our employees enjoyed very good insurance benefits when we owned Daydots. My out out of pocket co-pays were $30 for a doctors office visit and $10 for each Rx. That is my co-pay. The insurance pays the rest. We can go to any doctor we want, anywhere we want, as often as we want to, and we don't need referrals from a primary care physician or any permission from the insurance company ahead of time.
    That's a pretty good co-pay system. What happens when you go on Medi care? Do you have to pay premiums with that. Do you still get a co-pay deal like this? How much did your employees have to pay for premiums?
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I got the rtx in the fridge now. 2 - 50mL vials. Cost me 192.40. Unfortunately we will be wasting 30mL because they did not send 10mL vials this time and once it is mixed it is only good for 24 hours in the fridge. Kinda erks me because I will be throwing away almost 60 bucks of my own money, or about 1400 of the drug plans money. Seems like such a waste to me. I will discuss this with my doc tomorrow. The pharmacy said that they will get in 10mL vials for the next 3 infusions. They damn well better. I do not like throwing money to the wind.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Santo, Texas (60 miles west of Fort Worth)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It has been 8 years since we sold. I'm not sure what our employees paid anymore, but they had a really good deal. It was less than $200/month for most families I think.
    Not sure what happens next year on Medicare either. I know I have to take out a supplemental policy in addition to Medicare, but we haven't researched it yet. I've been to busy dealing with the WG problems at hand. Will need to get on it soon however.

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    That's a pretty good co-pay system. What happens when you go on Medi care? Do you have to pay premiums with that. Do you still get a co-pay deal like this? How much did your employees have to pay for premiums?
    J. Mike Milliorn, Santo Texas
    Diagnosed Jan. 2011
    at the Cleveland Clinic

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phil, what are you doing with the rtx in your house? Doesn't the hospital pharmacy get it to the infusion clinic?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    Phil, what are you doing with the rtx in your house? Doesn't the hospital pharmacy get it to the infusion clinic?
    Nope, my doc said he talked a while back to the hospital pharmacy and they told him to tell me to just use my regular pharmacy. It seems strange to me but that is how it is. I feel uncomfortable having 4800 dollars worth of rtx in my fridge over night and then taking it with me in the car in the morning.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holy smokes... I would too. That is very odd.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems odd to me too. But I am Batman so everything should be OK.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just don't drive like Batman. Drive like Wade Cleaver.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    Just don't drive like Batman. Drive like Wade Cleaver.
    Unfortunately my Dad will be driving me. Let's just say he would most likely not pass a driving test now. And he thinks he is Mario at times.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003