Results 2,501 to 2,510 of 2670

Thread: Update on pberggren

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LisaT View Post
    They have me on Septra. I will have to check whether that is a different brand name for the same drug, or a different drug. I think it's actually what cleared up my 'gunk' but who knows? I started it at the same time as prednisone and imuran. Phil I'm glad your day went better than I thought! Burger King, yum!

i guess it's a matter of weighing the relative risks w.r.t. the drugs vs. the lung problems. I just hope something works soon to make you feel better and breathe easier!
    Septra and Bactrim are the same drug. I've been on it too and sinuses are marginally better.
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LisaT View Post
    They have me on Septra. I will have to check whether that is a different brand name for the same drug, or a different drug. I think it's actually what cleared up my 'gunk' but who knows? I started it at the same time as prednisone and imuran. Phil I'm glad your day went better than I thought! Burger King, yum!

i guess it's a matter of weighing the relative risks w.r.t. the drugs vs. the lung problems. I just hope something works soon to make you feel better and breathe easier!
    Septra and Bactrim are different brand names for the same drug.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phil,sorry you had such a crappy day and the bad news you gotHopefully they will be able to come up with a good plan for you in July...is there any way you can see the other dr. sooner ?
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya, I can see him sooner if I think I need to. But for now I don't think I need to.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    My hospital says they don't have the stronger saline, just the 0.9%. I call bullshit on that one. I will have to do some sleuthing on this one.
    mmmm sounds intresting, what is Sherlok up to ? or should I call you Dr. Watson ?
    Thank for the update, sweetie
    I am glad that you insisted with the other doc on going through all your notes. We need to learn from you not to withdraw when any doc is trying to "cut" us I hope that Joyce is reading this …..
    There must be a way to break the "vicious cycle" of infections in the lungs…. Don’t give up hope, I am sure that the respiratory therapy will help, among other things, like the vest therapy which looks awesome….
    100mg Imuran instead of 50mg makes more sense to me. when I started imuran (but couldn’t bear it and switched to mtx) my doze was 100mg, and you are a bit bigger then me
    after alll it sounds better then before. now we have to wait to see if there is any change due to the increasing of the Imuran please, only change for better....
    I think that our combined prayers are working, God loves you, and so are we
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Debra C View Post
    Phil,sorry you had such a crappy day and the bad news you gotHopefully they will be able to come up with a good plan for you in July...
    did I miss anything ? or is it my poor English ? because I understand that it was ok after all. all the things being said are known already.... sweetie ?
    Alysia
    dx 2008

https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks my love. Ya, I have hope that the therapy I will learn will help. I also think the vest and CPAP with the humidifier and some other therapies are worth a try as well.

I think the higher dose of Imuran is a safer bet at keeping he Wegs at bey.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

another link to your list, sweetie Current devices of respiratory physiotherapy
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes I read the thread and it gave me confidence to approach my appointment at the rheumi this coming week. And boy do I have a list of notes!! Thanks!
    I am a strong person, but every now and then I also need someone to take my hand & say everything will be alright....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good luck Julie. I hope you have a good Rheumy.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003