Page 217 of 267 FirstFirst ... 117167207215216217218219227 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,170 of 2670

Thread: Update on pberggren

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What dose pred are you on right now, Phil, before starting the alternation schedule? Having some days with no pred at all sounds a little scary. But I'm sure you can handle it, and if not, will figure something else out. My doc wanted me to alternate 10mg. and 5mg. for awhile, and I thought that sounded kind of rough, but I guess I could do that if you can alternate 10mg. with 0mg.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya, it sounded a bit rough to me as well but my doc thinks I can handle it. So I will def try it. Today will be my first day with no pred.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    Doc visit went well today. Bone scan is normal so she said no point on going on a biphosphonate if your bones are in that good of shape after years of pred like that. So that made me very happy. She said those drugs can have some weird side effects as well that I would not need or like. She said to keep up on the vitamin D3, Cal/Mag, Strontium and fresh greens.
    Hi Phil,
    Time for good news
    you deserve some peacful time.... let it last forever
    take care.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My doc also wants me to try going to 10mg every other day with the pred and see if I handle that well. If I do, then she said sometime in the new year we will try 5 every other day then just quit. I hope that is early in the new year.....
    sound too fast to me... a bit scary
    I would do it more gradually: 10, 9, 8, ....
    but can I argue with Dr. Phil and his doc ?
    good luck, my fingers crossed.
    Last edited by Alysia; 10-24-2013 at 11:52 PM.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doc visit went well today. Bone scan is normal so she said no point on going on a biphosphonate if your bones are in that good of shape after years of pred like that. So that made me very happy. She said those drugs can have some weird side effects as well that I would not need or like.
    Glad to hear your bones are fine. Although now I'm a bit confused why I was put on biphosponates right away, they haven't scanned my bones. Haven't heard about any side effects, frankly I'm not sure if I want to read into it either all the drugs have such freaky side effects
    Diagnosed 08/2013, Relapse 07/2014, Relapse 5/2017 (although early signs of it from 12/2016)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forgot to say I'm glad to hear they have a plan to get you off prednisone
    Diagnosed 08/2013, Relapse 07/2014, Relapse 5/2017 (although early signs of it from 12/2016)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My doc also wants me to try going to 10mg every other day with the pred and see if I handle that well. If I do, then she said sometime in the new year we will try 5 every other day then just quit. I hope that is early in the new year.....

I thought you were to one talking up that you should never do a reduction like this.
    You also always said not to miss you pred because of adrenal shock that can be as quick as 24 hours.
    Is she sure? Are you sure?

How does this work? I think I am worried about you doing a quick drop like that - just saying
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mishb View Post
    I thought you were to one talking up that you should never do a reduction like this.
    You also always said not to miss you pred because of adrenal shock that can be as quick as 24 hours.
    Is she sure? Are you sure?

How does this work? I think I am worried about you doing a quick drop like that - just saying
    I didn't dare to argue, but Michelle is saying important things, so I am joining her. I wonder what the others around are thinking, since I am far from being an expert... please think again.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dennis cortisone has been reduced 0.5 monthly, hes currently on 7mg, he takes Fosamax as well crissie

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not totally confident in the pred taper but will try it. I mean, we know what to look for so it's not exactly rocket science. If it doesn't work then I'll go back to 10 every day then try going down by 2 o 3mg every couple weeks or so.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003