0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How far is Maryland from GA? Maybe I could come see you too Sangye. Please don't be sad. I would love to come visit you. Maybe I could take a train from Atlanta to DC. Do you have room for me on your floor to stay?
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phil, how bad are the winters in your neck of the woods? My sister used to live in Sarnia, Ontario and that used to be bad, but my younger daughter had far worse winters when she lived in Winnipeg down to minus 35c or worse. Sis lives on Vancouver Island now and her winters are much like ours in south-east England.

Jim
    You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. Kahil Gibran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, last winter here was the warmest on record ever since records were first kept staring in 1887. Most days it was just above freezing.

But most winters the the average daytime high is around minus 10 to minus 20 C. I have seen days here as cold as minus 45 C without the wind chill factor.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    Well, last winter here was the warmest on record ever since records were first kept staring in 1887. Most days it was just above freezing.

But most winters the the average daytime high is around minus 10 to minus 20 C. I have seen days here as cold as minus 45 C without the wind chill factor.
    Ouch! I quite like the cold but that is a bit too cold for me.

Jim
    You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. Kahil Gibran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    How far is Maryland from GA? Maybe I could come see you too Sangye. Please don't be sad. I would love to come visit you. Maybe I could take a train from Atlanta to DC. Do you have room for me on your floor to stay?
    I was mostly wondering why you were going to Georgia. You got a Batgirl there?

I don't know how long it takes to travel from Georgia to Maryland-- couple days' drive maybe? I would love to see you, but unfortunately I can't offer you a place to stay because we nuns don't have overnight male visitors in our homes. No boys allowed!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My gosh, I couldn't live where it is that cold.It gets bad enough in Ohio ..I need the sun and beach to keep me happy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have met many other Weggies in GA. And yes, a Batgirl too....lol.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My question too, Phil: Georgia? For a vacation? Other images come to my mind than a holiday hot spot. Though maybe that Batgirl is mighty hot...maybe plays pool...?

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    I was mostly wondering why you were going to Georgia. You got a Batgirl there?

I don't know how long it takes to travel from Georgia to Maryland-- couple days' drive maybe? I would love to see you, but unfortunately I can't offer you a place to stay because we nuns don't have overnight male visitors in our homes. No boys allowed!
    Oh, but Sangye, I have some favorite clients who are nuns (Carmelites, not Buddhist). I always stay in the monastery's guest suite when I work there.

Al