Page 161 of 267 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171211261 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 2670

Thread: Update on pberggren

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see people leave a washroom without washing their hands and it just makes me sick.

My dad barely ever washes his hands. I wish he would have went to that thing at the hospital today.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    I see people leave a washroom without washing their hands and it just makes me sick.

My dad barely ever washes his hands. I wish he would have went to that thing at the hospital today.
    Speaking of hospital hygiene, it always bothered me that the staff considers hand sanitizers to be sufficient without actual washing. More than annoying, actaully: While having my CTX infusions, I got sensitized to the incessant Purell smell. Just a whiff made me nauseous. Why, oh why, can't they just use plain, non-odorous alcohol...?

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree Al about the hand sanitizer. Whenever I was in the hospital the last 2 years I would get the nurses and other staff to always wash their hands if they were coming into my room. Some would even kick up a fuss.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phil, most of my working life I have been in some part of the service sector, and I was taught that "the customer is always right, even when they are wrong". As a patient are you not the customer? With a compromised immune system one would have thought that the hospital staff would automatically be taking a bit more care.

Jim
    You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. Kahil Gibran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not always Jim. I usually have to tune in a few nurses during my stays about various things. But most I find are pretty good.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    I agree Al about the hand sanitizer. Whenever I was in the hospital the last 2 years I would get the nurses and other staff to always wash their hands if they were coming into my room. Some would even kick up a fuss.
    As a nurse that makes me crazy. (okay, crazier). The single most important thing we as nurses can do to save lives. I put up posters once that showed a sick child and wrote, his life is in your hands. They made me take them down because they said I was "scaring people". I think we should be scared, We have a great infection control nurse here now, so I think things will look up. Phil, I'm so embarrassed for my profession that you had to ask nurses to wash their hands and on behalf of my profession I apologize.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doctors in the UK's NHS no longer wear white coats because they realised that there was too much risk of cross contamination when they go from a patient in one ward to another patient in another ward. Now they wear normal day-to-day clothing but with short sleeves or sleeves rolled above the elbow. But as Al and Phil have said most of the hand cleaning is via alchol sanitisers and little use of soap and water.

Jim
    You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. Kahil Gibran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You don't have to apologize Christi.

Now here is something a bit weird:

About a week ago I was sitting outside of a restaurant on a busy street and could smell a vehicle running rich. Now that is all I smell most of the time. I smell it everywhere I go.

Someone suggested accupuncture might work to correct this. Any thoughts?
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think acupuncture would fix that. Have you tried exposing yourself to something else that smells strong but is more pleasant (and less deadly)?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Sangye. I have not tried to exposing myself to something stronger but I will try that. Any suggestions as to what to try and smell?
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003