Thread: Update on pberggren

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UPDATE:

NOT GOOD NEWS:

My doc said that the CT showed a bit of pneumonia, no narrowing of airways, and no embolism. This is according to the Radiologist. He said that is all the info they got from the CT. He highly doubts that the pneumonia could be causing the SOB. We are still waiting to hear from lung doc. My doc thinks he will want to do a broncoscopy. Getting a bit scary now.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to hear Phil, I hope you get better soon!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, well I'm sure glad there's no clots and that they did the CT.

Something to ponder: Maybe a "bit of pneumonia" isn't enough to cause SOB in someone with otherwise healthy lungs, but yours have been through a lot and are not nearly back to normal. I know it doesn't take much to cause SOB in me. I hope the bronchoscopy goes well and gives clear results. Try not to worry, Phil. Tall order, I know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phil, I wouldn't sweat the bronchoscopy itself--it is, as they say, only a test. I've had two myself, and, handled by a decent professional, can be not so bad, relatively speaking (everything in this business is annoying, but some annoying things are less odious than other annoying things.) But the lungs are, along with the kidneys, among my favorite organs. Make sure they treat you right! Don't put up with that "just a little pneumonia" nonsense!

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no idea if I will have a broncoscopy. The lung doc has not even got back to my doc yet. They want a sputum sample today but all I can cough up is chunks and they don't want chunks.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thinking of you Phil and sending all the good wishes I have. Sangye has the best advise!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am now off pred and am on hydrocortisone. I take 100mg 3 times a day by IV. The nurse said my doc called back and said the lung doc said to try this for a few days to see if I improve. Then she said if I don't start to improve then the lung doc thinks he should do a broncoscopy. So I will chat with my doc again in the morning. I coughed up 4 huge chunks around 6:30 and boy could I breath a lot better. I still have shortness of breath, but I kinda think the hydrocortisone is working too.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's hope you get those pipes cleaned out real good Phil and back to running on all 8 cylinders!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Phil, Just wanted to say that I am glad you've decided to stay on the forum ,as your story, along with the comments of the members, is just the kind of info us newbies want to be aware of. Sincerely wishing you a speedy recovery!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel better on the hydrocortisone. Even my friends say I look better. There's more of a sparkle in my eyes and my face doesn't swell up every time I get tired. I have a different kind of energy, but I can't describe it. Pred is bad news for my body.

I hope the HC works for you, Phil.