Page 101 of 267 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 2670

Thread: Update on pberggren

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CXR is no worse. Maybe slightly better than the one in July. ANCA is neg. but that is not a reliable marker for me anymore, so that is out the window for now. Doc does not think I am flaring. He seems to think it is more due to harvest dust and dry air/allergies. I am feeling a bit better today, no achiness or fever. Still have dry nose and throat. And mor crusting and bleeding in nose. I see doc again next week.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rose, the reason for sulphameth is to help prevent me from being hit with a serious infection, especially pneumonia or, worst, PCP. At least that is how my nephrologist explained it. I'm currently on 100 mg Cyclophosphamide/day and suppose to go on Imuran next week since the WG is now in "clinical" remission. I'm not sure if he reduces the pred to less than the current 7.5 mg.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, I understand now. Thanks RudiK for clearing that up for me

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's good news, Phil.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mom said we will be moving from Swift Current to Assiniboia when she turns 65 and gets her pension in 3 years. I don't think I like this. It will be a 2 hour drive from my doc. I know most of you on here have to drive further than that to see your Wegs doc but I have been so accustomed to seeing him each week and travelling only 5 minutes. I know our house is not the healthiest to live in for sure. The basement has water coming in it in the spring and when there are heavy rains so there is most likely years of water damage that is unseen behind the walls. I can smell the mustiness from time to time.

Mom said they have no choice but to sell the house because of huge debt load.

So we will have to move into an apartment. At least that way they will not be able to smoke inside. I don't know of any apartments that allow smoking inside.

Anyway, this is kinda stressing me out. I hate moving, especially away from my doc.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh great, moving, possible flaring, and now a recall on the implants I am supposed to get.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phil, that's 3 years away! Please don't use up your much-needed energy to worry about something so far off. You could be healthy enough to be working and move out on your own in 3 years!

I'm sure your doctor will use implants that aren't being recalled. At any rate, aren't you glad they were recalled BEFORE they were surgically implanted in your head?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    Phil, that's 3 years away! Please don't use up your much-needed energy to worry about something so far off. You could be healthy enough to be working and move out on your own in 3 years!

I'm sure your doctor will use implants that aren't being recalled. At any rate, aren't you glad they were recalled BEFORE they were surgically implanted in your head?
    I know I should not worry about things like that but it is easier said than done.

I am thankful that they are being recalled for sure.

I think I may have an option of going with the older Freedom type of Cochlear. Even if I am flaring I still want to get the impants on Sept. 22.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phil, I hope they are able to get something for you, I know how you've been looking forward to this.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post

Im pretty sure my doctor will be retiring in 5-10 years and I worry about that alot. I want to ask him but he may get offended. Hopefully he passes me back to the lung doctor that diagnosed me but I dont think he has time for wegeners. Worrying is what I do. so I hear ya phil...even if you cant hear me.
    lightning crashes
    leigh