Thread: Tracheal stenosis and remission

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll give it a shot

Doug Guest

Good! I had a similar experience, brought it to my doctor's attention, and he reduced my dosage. I didn't feel "over-dosed" then!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ctx can definitely cause you to overheat. Common side effect. Check it out with your doc, but there's not much you can do about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I just need to get "acclimated" to the drugs. I felt fine after I rested up a bit last night. I was obviously a bit loopy...I think I asked the same question twice

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL-- No worries. Either I or someone else probably answered it twice and never realized it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JanW View Post
    I think that the WG triggers the stenosis but then the stenosis takes on a life of it's own. My disease is well controlled medically (not remission yet) but my stenosis is growing back.
    Jan,
    My stenosis starting coming back also, but only after I tryed to cut down my pred levels too low. I am getting by

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Coffeelover -- I assume that you are taking the pred for lots of reasons, but it likely has no effect on your stenosis one way or another. It has never been proven to affect stenosis.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just bumping this thread up to say that I have officially made it six months without having to have a second stenosis surgery, which is a big milestone for me. Saw Dr. Lebovics just today and he says that it hasn't scarred up any more than at the last visit in July, when it was at 6.5 to 7 mm, which is a little less than fully open. He says that he would probably look to repeat the surgery when I am at about 5, but for the first time admitted to me that "very occasionally I have patients who are one and done." Hoping I am one of those! He definitely thought he would have done the second surgery by now.

He also reconfirmed that when/if/how quickly, it closes has nothing to do with the mtx, ANCA titers, bloodwork and all the rest of it ('with all due respect to your rheumy' he added slyly).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's great news Jan. I can't imagine what it must be like having to face repeat surgery for an unknown period of time. Hope thing continue to go well.
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, Jan I am so happy for you! I hope it'll be "one and done" for you. Why not?

But you know it is interesting that it hasn't closed as expected since you've been on mtx....

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast