Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Psyborg, is your blood pressure low?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was previously, but is normal now for the most part. When I was completely untreated in May it was running 80/50 to 90/55...pretty bad from the reaction at the hospital. Not feeling nearly that bad now with the Prednisone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you have a blood pressure cuff? You might want to pick one up at Walmart, CvS local pharmacy....just to keep an eye on it. I have three blood pressure cuffs machine. Little nuts...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that the WG triggers the stenosis but then the stenosis takes on a life of it's own. My disease is well controlled medically (not remission yet) but my stenosis is growing back.

Doug Guest

Let me join elephant in a >nag< about getting yourself a machine to measure your blood pressure at home. Record your results in a notebook. Some machines even track measurements for you- look around. For a relatively small amount, you can see for yourself if you are trending up or down, and, when you go to doctor's appointments, they generally are appreciative top have the extra data, though they'll have their nurse check yoour blood pressure anyway. It's easy to do, without having to worry about the whitecoat syndrome (if you are one of those people whose blood pressure elevates in the doctor's office). It is just one more tool to assure you are making progress toward your health goals!

6. Likes Jaha liked this post
    Doug Guest

Jan ~ Is it true mechanical injuries can cause it, too, for example, if a person goes through examinations where medical tools are introduced to the body through the throat?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. In fact the first question my old ENT asked was whether I had been intubated as a child. I don't think this kind of injury occurs so much any more but I was born in 1965.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same year I was born, 1965 rocks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do indeed have a blood pressure cuff. I don't track it as much as I should I don't think though. Probably about the same as my blood sugar levels.

Completely off topic...does CTX normally cause some dizziness? My head is wonky as heck today...that and I'm getting spells where I feel intensely warm...been cold so long that I forgot what it's like to feel overly warm

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let your doctor know, it could be a combo of medicine side effects or other medical condition going on. Just give him/her a call.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast