User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you know when you need dialysis ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope it goes well for you, Brocky. How many days a week do you have to go?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brocky, Hope it goes well and doesn't interfer with the Sunday Bingo... now that would be bad news

With the kids on summer holiday, the time by yourself at the end of the day could be rather nice!

Lets hope you get a transplant soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope it all goes well. I too had to get stable on dialysis before going onto the transplant list, but was told that if I was in the same position in future I would be put on the list immediately. I thought that they had changed the strategy.

I can fully understand your choice of dialysis given your circumstances. I was in a different position and CAPD suited me just fine as far as these thing go.
    Last edited by Jack; 07-03-2010 at 07:04 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it will be 3 days a week mon wed and fri the nurse said i should get some energy back within a few weeks only been shopping for a couple of hours today and im shattered, so i hope so.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all hope you are all ok. I went and had a look round the dialysis unit on tuesday morning and it seems to be ok. I start next wednesday, get to go during day because I need to see the doctor, so thats not too bad. I am feeling really sick today had a anti sickness tablet but it hasnt kicked in yet. The prob with wegeners is you never know how you are going to feel when you wake up from one day to the next. Went to visit family in Wales on Tuesday my cousin has just had a baby boy so we went to have a cuddle, whilst there my auntie and uncle said they would get tested so my family are starting to listen to me now and understand how serious it is, so feel good about that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi brocky 99
    glad things are starting to get sorted out for you
    having the same problem as you today having prob with feeling sick trying to keep down first lot of tablets so that i can take next lot
    due to go to hosp appoint pm i know what you mean about not feelong the same two days running its getting other people to understand it
    its not that you are been awkward whenn you make arrangement and add on ( if im ok)
    ive got up in a morning ready to go somewher and then by after breakfast felt so rubbish that i cant go out
    BUT as we all say Keep your chin up tomorrows another day
    take care of yourself DEEx

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Dialysis

Hi, my name is Kelly. My oldest son, Josh, age 16, started dialysis on 11/18/09. His creatine was 6.2 and what made his Dr decide dialysis was his potassium went up to 7.2. Josh has been on dialysis since then and we are so hoping and praying for transplant end of July into August. There's a donor being worked up now, age 31 0 out of 6 antigen match unfortunately. At least Josh may get a living donor vs. deceased. Do you know what blood type you are. I am not a candidate for donor for my son since his bloodtype is B and he needs a B or 0. Mine is AB+. I sure wish I knew of someone that could utilize my kidney and likewise would know someone that would be compatible for Josh. Hoping the current potential donor's testing will all go ok.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dialysis - AAAAARRRRRGGGGGG. Its doing my head in. I am fine with the needles etc. It is just the vein they are using is still soft so they are struggling to find it I was pricked 6 times on monday, they eventually found it then was on for 30 mins and then it blew so it was killing then. The nurse who came to answer my call looked at the machine messed with the needle then went off to get the sister meanwhile my arm is getting more painful as blood is still flowing into the arm but not back into the vein by the time the sister got to me it had swollen real bad. I could tell she was pissed off but obviously didnt want to say anything to the nurse in front of me. Sat there for another half hour whilst they decided whether they were going to carry on with only one needle not sure how that works, anyway they decided to send me home instead, great except I am being dropped off and picked up at moment in case the dialysis makes me go light headed so had to wait for Glyn to come for me. They took bloods and were supposed to phone me 2 hrs later with results and to let me know whether i had to go back following morning for another session. no phonecall so assumed i was ok will find out tonight but am going to mention about not getting phonecall because i had to arrange childcare for the kids just in case. So back tonight again not sure how the one needle will work but obviously it does, they only nusing one to give the rest of my arm a rest but now got another huge bruise to add to the rest on my arm. Suppose tonight will tell. Sory for venting just fed up I dont normally get like this but my arm is still throbbing and i know it will be a problem again tonight.
    Lisa

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keep venting, sorry you are going thru this and being dependent on a machine must be annoying. Hoping for a better day for you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Know nothing about what you are going through Brocky but hope things get better for you soon. No excuse for not calling you back and too true, take it up with them and give them hell. Venting is good for you and here is the place to do it. Bingo on Sunday?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast