Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Prolonged Subglottal Stenosis

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doug,

I will post pics if you give me the instructions. I hate to take the time to figure it out myself as I already spend too much time at work playing on this site.

Doug Guest

Default Posting Pictures

Lisa (and anyone else who wants to post photos in an album)-

You can post up to 60 photos in an album of your photos or pictures you like by:

1. clicking on either UserCP or Quick Links above

2. click on Pictures & Albums in Networking menu (the last option)

3. click on Add Album

4. fill in the Title and Description boxes, then hit the Submit box

5. hit Click Here To Upload Pictures below the box that comes up after you complete step 4

6. hit Browse box; your computer files will come up

7. locate a photo you want to upload, left-click on it to select it

8. hit Open, which uploads the file; you can upload three at a time as there are three Browse boxes (step 6, above)

While it looks complex, it is fairly straight forward once you've done it. You'll be given the option of making it a public or private album. Anyone who wants to look at it (including you!) needs to:

1. hit Members above

2. use the Locate Member quick search feature by typing in the name the member uses on the forum (for example, I use doug)

3. double-left click on the member's name

4. go to the right side of the member's personal information page, to Mini Statistics, then scroll down till you find Albums

5. double-left click on the album name to open up the album

I'm not aware of any specific way members will know if a member has an album short of the member noting it in a posting, then intyerested members following the five steps immediately above.

Whew! You asked for it. Toyota. Select this posting and click on Copy, Paste this on a MicroSoft Windows Word page, the print it for easier reference when you try this out. I, incidentally, have an album set up, with weird pictures that include many you've seen so far as avatars on my postings.
    Last edited by Doug; 07-19-2009 at 07:41 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've just checked out your album Doug. I find it disturbing!

Doug Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I've just checked out your album Doug. I find it disturbing!

Jack-

Many people will....!

Doug Guest

p.s. When you double-left click on any album photo, it enlarges magically, and a caption appears below it (if the posting member captioned the photo). Oftentimes, the caption explains just enough more about its selection to allay any anxiety other members might have looking at it. Sometimes...!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    click on any album photo, it enlarges magically
    Ah! So is that is what is in the box under my desk - magic? I always wondered how computers work.
    Last edited by Jack; 07-19-2009 at 03:33 PM. Reason: A comment about Doug using magic that may have been misunderstood. ;)

Doug Guest

Only if you believe in Peter-Pan-nery! For most, the enlargement relates to some programming code that responds to specific mouse commands. The machine is the servant of the human master. Ha!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lisa...
    Its Nicole (ticklytoes)...did you get your trach out? Still have mine...go back for check up at the end of january...almost exactly a year from when i had it put in looking forward to hearing from you~!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ticklytoes View Post
    Lisa...
    Its Nicole (ticklytoes)...did you get your trach out? Still have mine...go back for check up at the end of january...almost exactly a year from when i had it put in looking forward to hearing from you~!

nichole,
    I hope you get good news at your visit. I got my trach out last June, just in time for my daughters graduation. It was sweet!
    I was at the point thought that I did not really mind the trach at all and if I was told I would have to live with it forever, I would have accepted it without too much difficulty. My husband was so sweet he used to make me necklaces to cover the trach area. He would sit at night and sew me a necklace to match a particular outfits and colors that I wear. No wonder I married him!
    I do not think I have any further complications with my trach, but I still suffer from some inflamation issues in my nasal area and will be going back to Rochester Mayo to see my ENT there regarding this. I was there in December, but he needed to treat me for Thrush first (thrush is something I have suffered with since my trach surgery over a year ago) so I will be going back in February. I have chosen to not have the cosmetic surgery done to cover where the trach was so that is serves as a reminder to me to take care of myself. I may someday choose to cover that scar, but my doctors have agreed with my choice and even comment that it will heal better on its own. Now that the trach is out...I certainly do not want it put back in. But I know it was a life saver for me and there for my life saving back up, so I cannot get too worked up about it.
    Is your trach in as a necessity or as a back up "just in case" like mine was? If it was just a back up, I hope you can get it out sooner than later. I will personally celebrate with you. If yours was as a necessity, ask your ENT when you can move towards its finality. What can they do to make you less dependant on it? What methods can you do to expediate the process?
    I am still on prednisone (10 mg) to help with possible inflamation. Are you on prednisone and if so how much? I actually am more sick of my pred face than I ever was of the trach.
    Ilook forward to a reply from you and wish you the best
    Lisa Coffeelover

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi lisa...i am on mtx and 8mg of pred at the moment.trying to taper, but i think im at the stopping point bc my pr3 is borderline again. My ENT wants me to be as low on the pred as i can go, so we'll see what he says when i go back at the end of jan. my trach was a neccessity...my trachea measured only 5mm when they put it in, the size of a straw. its a little better now though. i am thinking about askin my rheumy to try rituxan though, bc like you, im tired of the pred. i cant wait to just talk again too! so happy for you! nicole

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast