Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This was the best thread ever.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our washing machine was down the street for years...at the Laundromat. If we could fit one somewhere in our little apartment, I totally would, even if it took the place or our kitchen table and we had to eat off it every day, if I could avoid the Laundromat it would be worth it.

Now, our landlords have a little room with a washer/dryer in the back yard. We have only been through the Spring and Summer months, it should be interseting trying to keep the clothes clean when I'm running accross the grass in the rain? But it is still better than the Laundromat!
    Nicole

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The DC suburb I live in (population over 60,000) does not have a single laundromat. The neighboring city of about the same population has one tiny laundromat. I've never seen anything like it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

both my washer and dryer are in the basement laundry room...I also have an appliance graveyard going on in the room next to the laundry room. We have a washer, dryer, wood burning stove, a blender,a central vacume, an uprite vacum and some remnents of a canister vacum, a coffee maker and as of wednesday a chest freezer. I have never known anybody to lose so many appliances in 4 years. We are going to take them to the scrap metal place soon. bet we make a ton.
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our utility room (wash room) is in the kitchen area (in its seperate room). Our house is a split room house meaning the kids rooms are at the front of the house and the Master is at the back so it is located at a great area for all rooms.
    Ours is really quiet though so we don't notice it...

I watch House Hunters International (On Cable) And I'm always amazed how other countries have theirs literally in the kitchen installed beside the sink etc.... If you have it like that do you find it convient?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ours is in our basement, on the other side of the wall from my computer room/office. Gets noisy when the front loader gets going on spin cycle .

We are kind of spoiled in the US and Canada, we have more space for these things than people do in Europe or Asia generally.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie78 View Post
    Our utility room (wash room) is in the kitchen area (in its seperate room). Our house is a split room house meaning the kids rooms are at the front of the house and the Master is at the back so it is located at a great area for all rooms.
    Ours is really quiet though so we don't notice it...

I watch House Hunters International (On Cable) And I'm always amazed how other countries have theirs literally in the kitchen installed beside the sink etc.... If you have it like that do you find it convient?
    I lived in an apartment on a farm and had a washer and a dryer in my kitchen and boy did I ever find it convinient. I did laundry all of the time. I washed, dried and folded clothes constantly. Now with them in the basement they do get washed and usualy dried...but folding. I tell them all "you want it its in the basement you go get it". I cant have a messy kitchen with clothes everywhere.
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our home in KS had a basement, and alot of people had their wash rooms in the basements....Although they would say "We have a laundry shoot to make it easier" well HELLO who is gonna "Shoot" them back up?!? Yeah, I would've told my family...Closets are NOW in the basement! Thankfully ours was upstairs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol thats funny
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our washer and dryer are in the laundry room which is also called the mud room. It is located from the entrance into the house via the garage which is attached to the front of the house. Get's cold up North here, so most houses in Calgary have the garages attached to the front of the houses and the mud rooms are the first room you walk into. My previous house that had no garage, the washer was in the basement.

What a fun thread - great to give everyone an update on such an important item - for us women anyway.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast