Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Foot Pain

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Foot Pain

There seem to have been a lot of posts recently from members mentioning their foot pain. This does not seem to be documented as a symptom on most of the Wegener's related sites, but I'm guessing that it is in fact quite common. I have suffered from it myself for many years and had all the tests with very little in the way of a positive diagnosis. It has generally been blamed on the steroids, but with no clear explanation (speculation about tendon problems).

I know others have foot pain caused by nerve damage, but does anyone else have the unexplained type like mine?

Perhaps it should be added to the list of common Wegener's symptoms or is it a drug side effect?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had foot pain so badly that I couldn't walk barefoot across my tile floor for about a year before I was diagnosed, once I started medications it went away. I gues that puts me in the Wegener's sympton camp.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was diagnosed with Raynaud's Disease over 30 years ago, which is also an auto-immune disease that compromises the circulation to the extremities. When the Wegs symptoms started, my Raynaud's symptoms escalated very quickly and the foot pain was making walking extemely difficult. The docs tell me that Wegs can actually bring on Raynaud's type symptoms or make existing ones a lot worse. The foot pain is much more manageable with treatment, but by no means gone.
    Cathie

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i told wg consult on thursday about costant foot pain he blamed steriods hence why im trying to lower them does not seem to make ant difference yet !
    even with painkillers it still hurts to put foot to floor or stand in one place for to long DEEx

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only time I had foot pain ( bottom of my feet hurt..could barely walk ) is when I was around 14 yrs old. At that time they diagnosed me with arthritis and gave me aspirin. I took 6-10 aspirin's a day it worked. By the end of the day my feet stopped hurting and I could walk normal. By the time I was 15 I got worse, kidneys started to fail.
    I did have slight foot pain a few years ago, but blamed it on old gym shoes. :0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've definitely correlated my foot pain with Wegs. If it feels like my bones are pushing through my soles when I stand or walk, that's one of my red flags for Wegs increasing. My ankles and feet also swell much more when it's Wegs, on top of the chronic swelling I have from blood clot damage.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of my earliest undiagnosed symptoms was terrible foot pain, as described by Sangye - felt like my bones were pushing through my soles. This pain started my attempts to alter the impact of my profession on my feet. The pain prompted me to beg for bunion and hammertoe surgery. Had the surgery - pain did not go away. Once I started treatment, the pain lessened, but still exists.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sangye the pain in right foot and leg has been worse since i had blood clos but is always there along with pain in toes ans the soles of my feet going from been very cold or very hot ?
    before dxt i was told it was arthritis and to loose weight and do more exercise by the gp that miss my more major flare last year and to which i changed to the more senoir partner who has been brill DEEx

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dee, give it time. The only thing I can think of is that maybe you need another ultrasound to check that leg? I know when I was on high dose of prednisone my feet would get hot/ cold. They felt weird...but got better once prednisone was tapered.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

started taper two days ago feeling rubbish going to give a few days to see if things settle down seem to remember i felt like this last time tried to lower preds !!!!! DEEx

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast