Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Foot Pain

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone have freezing/burning in their feet, too? I know that since my nerve damage was likely caused by the vasculitis process destroying the blood vessels that supply the nerves in my feet, it is quite likely that the circulation in my feet is impaired. If I sit down for awhile to relax, my feet will turn into blocks of ice. Then if I get up and move around for even a few seconds, they feel like they're burning and they start sweating. Does anyone else experience anything like this?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i had foot pain at the bottom of my foot even before the meds..like the bottom of my foot would lock up..and stiffin..but idk if that is a symptom of wg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It could be a symtom of prednisone. Actually mine was doing that when ever I took Bactrim DS twice daily for almost a month, along with the other meds. With all these meds that we are on who knows?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hal have you ever tried to explain the neuropathy in your feet yet feeling extreme pain to your doc? Everytime I try I just get this funny look like "huhhh?"
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm lucky - my doc totally gets that. The only thing we don't know for sure is if the pain is because the nerve is regenerating, or if it's because my WG is active.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup, my feet are often blocks of ice as well. Moving around and getting the circulation going helps for sure. I also have a heating pad that I put oover them whilst watching TV ... that warms them up quite nicely!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have had chronic foot pain in my left for for several years. At one point I could not walk on it. Tried everything. Finally my WG doctor ordered an MRI that showed unexplained fluid through-out my metatarsols joints and athritis. I had to give up ballroom dancing (which was one thing my hubby and I loved to do together).

FYI: I have never been on steroids. I cannot take them due to extreme psychotropic effect.

Because I teach for a living, I work on my feet so I wear the best shoes for feet health and live this the pain.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cindy View Post
    I have had chronic foot pain in my left for for several years. At one point I could not walk on it. Tried everything. Finally my WG doctor ordered an MRI that showed unexplained fluid through-out my metatarsols joints and athritis. I had to give up ballroom dancing (which was one thing my hubby and I loved to do together).

FYI: I have never been on steroids. I cannot take them due to extreme psychotropic effect.

Because I teach for a living, I work on my feet so I wear the best shoes for feet health and live this the pain.
    Can't they take the fluid out somehow Cindy?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am going to check on my foot after they finsh with my back. I go to UCLA for other procedure on Wednesday (hopefully my last).

No one knows better than you, it's just one thing after another. We just have to keep our chins up!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cindy View Post

How do you tolerate climbing mountains with feet pain? Do you get special orthotic shoes to wear? I find they are are more comfortable with the custom made insoles.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast