Hi! My dad was diagnosed with Wegener's a few years ago and has been in remission for a long time. Now, though, he has developed some persistent respiratory issues and we are pretty much certain this is a relapse. He went to the doctor today and they did bloodwork and a chest x-ray, and we'll know more later, but for now the doctor has put him back on his meds. When he was initially diagnosed we could not convince the doctor there was more wrong than just a "sinus infection" and after multiple rounds of antibiotics, he finally ended up in the ICU (with vasculitis, kidney failure, etc) and nearly died before someone recognized what he had as Wegener's.

Sorry to ramble. The point is, this time around we want to be sure his doctor is really knowledgeable about this disease. We are in South Carolina. He is seeing a rheumatologist and we are hopeful that he is going to take good care of my dad. But for those of you in the southeast, who do you see? Who would you never consider going back to? Do most of you see rheumatologists for Wegener's or is there another type of doctor that is better? Any input would be much appreciated. I am going to try to talk my dad into joining this group but he is really not into doing things online.

Thanks!

Jenny