Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well Now I've Seen Everything

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry Well Now I've Seen Everything

You know, just when you think Wegs has pulled every stupid trick in the book, it goes and pulls a new stunt. What is the most benign plant in the world, the one that almost no one in the world is allergic to, the one that is soothing and curative and can safely be used topically and internally by pretty much any creature on the planet?

Aloe vera.

And guess who is now allergic to it.

I have a rash on my face and two nights ago I splashed some refrigerated aloe vera gel all over my face. Within a minute, it started to feel a little itchy. I thought it was just the gel drying. Then my face started to get really hot. Really really hot. I looked in the mirror and it looked like I had a severe sunburn-- racoon eyes and everything. My skin felt like it was burning, so I washed it off. It stayed like that for hours and went away yesterday.

I thought it might be from the temperature, not the aloe. My face gets bright red and splotchy in a hot shower. I've always tolerated aloe just fine--inside and outside. So last night I used a different bottle/brand at room temperature. I was sure it would be okay so I again covered my entire face. SAME THING.

I can't tell you how upset I am about this. I've relied on aloe to get me through a lot of bad stuff. I'm feeling very resentful today, like Nature has turned on me. Like the limits imposed by this disease just keep getting tighter and tighter.
    Last edited by Sangye; 05-30-2010 at 02:29 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, that is something how just one day our body decides to reject something that we used everyday. Sorry Aloe decided to get Rambo on you! That sucks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OH DEAR NOT SO GOOD NEWS DEEx

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats weird. What next. Try cucumber gel.
    cheers Col 23

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is very strange Sangye. I have never heard of anyone being alergic to Aloe Vera.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me neither, that is the strangest allergy ever???
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sangye, just when we think we are getting close to working out WG, it changes tack, and bites us hard on the rear end (or bum as we call it down here). I hope you are feeling a bit better tonight, and yes the sunshine coast was lovely, i even switched some coffee for tea, u would be so proud of me, going to a coffee shop and ordering tea! Unheard of by me! LOL my girlfriends thought i was sicker than usual. My new avatar is a photo i took straight across the road from our hotel early friday morning.

Don't be too disheartened, or angry, it will take too much of the energy you have left. Fight smarter not harder.
    If that fails, steal ian's kilt and really give wegsy a scare
    sharon

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The collateral damage I've had from Wegs has been as bad as the Wegs itself...and I've had some bad Wegs!

I researched "aloe allergy" online and learned that it's in the same family as onions. Many people with onion allergies also have aloe allergies. I'm not allergic to onions, but they've been a lifelong troublemaker for me. They cause migraines if I eat them in certain foods. I didn't figure it out until I was in my 30's. I can't stand them anyway, but they're in a lot of things.

So now that I can't use aloe or bandaids (allergic because of Wegs, too) I'll have to leave those out of my first aid kit. No aloe for burn, no bandaids for cuts. I'll just sit in the corner and ooze.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there anything like aloe that you can use so you don't ooze. Can't have you sit and ooze, we need you here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL--I'm not currently oozing anything.

Boy, our conversation may have hit an all-time low.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast