Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Finally decided to reach out...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The green stuff needs treating with antibiotics. If they don't seem to work, get it analysed to see if they can identify an effective one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brooke, I agree with Elephant and Jack. However, I suggest getting it cultured before starting antibiotics. Antibiotics are not benign drugs and just like with pred and our other drugs we have to consider the long-term effects of taking multiple types just to find the right one for an infection. Each time you take an antibiotic you're creating more superbugs in your body and making it less likely for that antibiotic to work again. And each time your body "sees" the drug, it's more likely to develop an allergy to it.

A culture will take 3 days. Unless your infection is growing much worse each day, it's best if you can wait for the results.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JanW View Post
    The only ENT I have ever really liked is the one I have now, Dr. Lebovics, who always says "I'm just the plumber." He really downplays the advances that he has brought forward in the study of weggies -- an incredibly humble man. I think that the doctors who try to hide behind the bravado and "I know ALL, I went to med school" are the scariest ones.
    I had one of those. Still have a sour taste in my mouth from that.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345